Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving yesterday when all of a sudden my car dinged and my TC and ABS warning lights came on.
I read in the manual about the Traction Control light and ABS light and didn't find it to be too much help.

If I turn the car off and back on, the lights might come on instantly or it could be a few minutes. Other times they won't come on until after I have been driving for some time. I don't feel any difference in braking or driving when they are on.

I just had the control arms changed about 1 month ago so don't know if that could have affected it.

Any help?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
take it in and just get them to take a look at it if your not sure. I haven't had any warning lights yet so im no help but it might be as simple as resetting it or you might actually have an issue

·
Registered
872 Posts
no its not a resetting issue, cuz ive done that many times. it just showed up about a week after i installed my springs...i have no clue wat it is. however i kno the body shop i took my car to is going to fix it, since my accident was suspension related (but i didnt tell them it was an issue beforehand, lol). so ill ask them when i get it back wat the issue seemed to be and that might provide some answers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would Autozone be able to hook up their tester and be able to tell me the problem?
The dealership will charge me about $100 dollars to hook theirs up, even if it just needs to be reset

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes AutoZone does it for free. I gave myself a tester for Christmas last year so I do it fro free at my house too :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Had the same issue when my Cobalt was brand new, cept it was only affecting the traction control.. Basically, one of the wires for TC got crimped/cut by one of the springs in the rear, disabling it.. It sounds like thats what happened to bsbllscnd970 since he had the issue when he installed his springs.

Tom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.