Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new here. My name is cynthia and i have a 2006 chevy cobalt SS 4 door 2.4L not super charged, and my traction control light is on, but i do not have a TC button, Nor do i have a sensor thing that hooks up to my back tire. So im trying to figure out how to get my TC light off. Iv tried almost everything, unhooking my battery, turning my key off and on, putting my E brake up then down(mind you it doesnt work). Im thinking it could have something to do with my ABS but my ABS light is not on. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what can i do to get the light to go off.? Again it has no TC button at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe my tc light came on because I was low on transmission fluid, because once the light came on the transmission would shift hard and you could feel the car jump

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would be intrested more on a 2006 4dr SS with a 2.4L na. I didn’t think that was offered until 2009. On your traction control, a good code reader would due wonders helping pinpoint the problem.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Multiple things can cause this. Bad switch on the hand brake, faulty throttle body, wheel speed sensors, even something shorting out like the MAF sensor. So best bet is read the codes as recommended above. Otherwise you my not find the cause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts