Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
I am currently dealing with a bad TCM. There’s a remote programming service that does it. You’d have to find a mechanic that has access to the software. I have a neighboring shop to mine that just got his subscription and is going to charge me $125 for the service when I’m ready to program a new TCM for my car.

I’d have to check and see what kind of labor cost it would be since he isn’t going to charge me labor. We help each other with different kind of work and so that is a big plus. I do the alignments when they need them and he’s helped me with electrical diagnostics.

Anyways I don’t know if you’ve fixed your car yet, but you can also go to a GM dealership. They charge a whole lot usually for module programming. I know most GM dealerships are hovering around labor rates of $185 per hour, which is really insane if you ask me. I probably don’t charge enough, I’m at $80 per hour. And I still have a lot of people think that’s a lot. Then others think we’re cheap. I guess it’s all perspective. But I will try not to have to spend $185 per hour at the dealership if I can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts