Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guyz

As we all know, there is no cheap and easy way to just increase gas mileage and horsepower. You gotta shell out the cash and get the shit properly installed. While browsing for parts, I found this:

REAL PERFORMANCE CHIP CHEVROLET COBALT 05-09 FUEL SAVER on eBay.ca (item 330370955380 end time 30-Oct-09 22:14:19 EDT)

Looks obvious to me that this will f**k something up, is a scam...or wtv. Dunno how it is supposed to work, and I don't think I want to. I just felt like posting a thread where everyone can shred this product apart.

Has anyone ever seen or known people who have installed this crap in their car? Just curious. Have fun guyz!!

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
If it was that easy they would already come from the factory that way. Imagine that GM knows about this, could put it in their cars, and dominate both mpg and HP... It's just plain stupid.

That said I like their logo.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
273 Posts
running rich doesnt add MPG or HP lol!! you lose both!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Read the 'IMPORTANT NOTICE TO READ" they're talking about themselves right in there hahah

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can has one...:D

How bout this, after my tune I went from 25mpg city to 26-27mpg city if I'm in a granny mood.

And to this comment:
its just a resistor or something that fools your car into running rich.
Running rich keeps the motor cooler per say, leaner runs hotter but more air so bigger bang. Not gonna go fully into it.

Never ever evar buy these said chips, they do nothing for you, also never evar buy a canned tune unless your taking logs and e-mail updates for your car, not one car is exactly the same nor is the climate your in. My car was tuned for Florida weather and I'm in MO now and I have noticed it running differently, I just haven't gotten around to re-tuning it.

And please if I am wrong anywhere please someone correct me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I can has one...:D

How bout this, after my tune I went from 25mpg city to 26-27mpg city if I'm in a granny mood.

And to this comment:

Running rich keeps the motor cooler per say, leaner runs hotter but more air so bigger bang. Not gonna go fully into it.

Never ever evar buy these said chips, they do nothing for you, also never evar buy a canned tune unless your taking logs and e-mail updates for your car, not one car is exactly the same nor is the climate your in. My car was tuned for Florida weather and I'm in MO now and I have noticed it running differently, I just haven't gotten around to re-tuning it.

And please if I am wrong anywhere please someone correct me.

Sounds about right :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.