Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Bob Lawrence. I seem to be the only person to use his real name instead of a nickname--I wonder if I could change to my usual Internet moniker--Quantumgreen. Anyway, my wife doesn't like my Cobalt XFE--she claims she feels every bump and the car looks cheap inside. I tried to teach my older son how to drive a stick shift--a minor disaster after he stalled the car out in lurching gasps by failing to depress the clutch--he hasn't signed up for another lesson. I took an old flame, now a friend, out to lunch recently and she said that she would never buy a car like mine--she liked my old Alero GL (sunroof, cruise, power windows, cloth on the doors, etc.) better.

So I'm looking for kindred spirits to boost the image of my vehicle. I like it! It's peppy, economical and fun to drive--I actually enjoy my 26 mile commute to work now. After owning an automatic for almost 25 years, I really dig the stick shift. BTW, I'm also a performance poet in the Windy City. If anyone is interested in buying my chapbook--guaranteed enjoyment for the literate--contact me at [email protected].

I should add that the car was an incredible bargain as well. With all the incentives, including over three grand on my GM card, it cost under $8,000 before taxes.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Well Bob it is a great car and is very economical...and very easy to change the image of it if thats what your hoping to do

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you're looking for strictly interior/exterior mods I'd say paint the trim,debadge it, paint your bow tie and get custom fitted seats. If you're looking for bolt-ons get an air take. Most of the interior trim/the grille is held on by clips so it makes it easy to remove and customize.

·
Registered
273 Posts
so far I get good words from the girls about my car. I live in a poor area so that helps. also I'm young so usually people my age, and even older have beater/cash cars. I actually have the newest car out of everyone in my family, until my dad gets yet another truck.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I like mine... who cares what people think if your happy with it

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I know what you mean. Base model econoboxes are not the most popular things on the road these days. My 2008 XFE is not the most desirable Cobalt, and has no wing at all. Never fear though, you are among friends here.

You should start a thread in the showoff section, and post up some pics of your Balt!!!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Search around man!
There are lots of threads and pictures you can browse through to get some ideas.
A good place to get lots of pics of people balts is this link
Vehicle Showoff
All of the links on that page have the best shots of peoples rides.

Also peep at the DIY section. Cheap mods, that can definitely enhance appearance.
Post some pics and maybe we can help.

·
Registered
567 Posts
So I'm looking for kindred spirits to boost the image of my vehicle. I like it!
Call it what you (or others for this matter) want but i beleive its simply like this, Its for the enjoyment of having a car that YOU are happy with. Regardless of what it is. I mean yea, i could just as well say the same thing about it being cheap and such but i still like it and do things to make it my own. I bought a balt after having a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer sittin on 22s. and winning best in class with it. I was sad to get rid of it, too many problems with it and too close to the warranty being up. But i still find things i love about my balt, how bout this one, its way cheaper to lower a balt than it is a Trailblazer....haha! ok enuff with my rambling......a few minor mods to this vehicle takes the "cheap" look away from the car.....(debadge and take off the door bump mouldings..... :p

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I love my cobalt!!!!
I'm 23 & I've had the following vehicles
93 Oldsmobile Achevia S
96 Cavalier sedan (base!)
99 Cavalier coupe (base!) (both had the black bumpers & all, lol)
03 Eclipse GS
05 Scion tC (rip)
03 Eclipse GT
08 Cobalt LS
My tC & my Eclipse GT were fully loaded & my cobalt is pretty basic w/ only automatic tranny, the paint & a spoiler as my options... to be honest... i like it alot more than my other cars... maybe not more than the tC...maybe equal...hahaha... but anyways, yeah, ive done work to mine, but ive taken 1st place in shows & w/ just puttin $1000.00 in the car it looks so sexy... no1 says my car's cheap lookin, every1 around here knows it & likes it... except for the few haters that call it the "mexican cobalt" which i have no idea where that comes from, but oh well... rednecks will be rednecks i suppose... but yeah, who cares what every1 says... you like it, then TADA! end of discussion! hahahaha... but then again, me speakin as a girl, ALOT of females dont like base cars like that, b/c it doesnt have keyless entry, doesnt have power windows, doesnt have a cute little sunroof & all that... guess that's just how some girls are... oooh well... i :love: mine!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
There are a "million mods" out there.... you can make it about ANYTHING you want it to me.
Buy, drive and enjoy what YOU want! Let the skeptics BUY and drive what They like.
I bought a brand new 2006 GTO, remembering its past roots. That car wasn't able to light a candle for the original. What a disappointment and mechanical nightmare. Sold it with 497 miles on it and never saw rain.
Bought a Cobalt after renting one on vacation. REALLY liked it. Reaseached it and bought the one with all the options I wanted. Go figure.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Welcome to YC! i'm glad i'm not the only one around here who uses their REAL name! Cant wait to see pics of the car!

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Depending upon what they are complaining about or what upsets you the most is maybe the things you want to change, I say this littly though because what you do to your car or how view it is just that, your own perspective. You can do seat swaps from Cobalt SS's which have leather seats, you can paint your interior trim including glove box, kick plates lower trim to match the rest of the car making all your interior black... you can do many things. Maybe we can help if you post up a few pictures and we can go from there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to YC man. There are a lot of people that don't like Cobalts out there, but as long as you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
hey Robert, parts are quite cheap for this car, and there is a wide variety of aftermarket parts and accessories. It's like cobalt nation! make it your car. I love my ride, maybe people are just jealous or something. and i find my 09 cobalt very comfortable. Plus, I read the consumer report yesterday and it scored well above average in everything except the useless stuff that can be easily changed. But most of it was above average so there you go!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.