Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I had a bad servo to the door that mixes temp. Turns out the servo is good. The shaft that the servo rotates is broken off! Looks like it has been "repaired" in the past as there is glue residue on the broken remnants and there are pieces of the shaft missing. Dealer estimate to repair is $900 but would likely be a couple hundred more as "They wouldn't look forward to performing this repair". Any thoughts or experience with this issue? The purchase of this Cobalt has been a mistake from day one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Cobalt Heater Blend Door Shaft Repair

[/IMG]
[/IMG]No way was I going to pay the local dealer $1200 to replace a $16 blend door. I looked through my junk and found a brass bushing I'd machined for another project and it happened to be the correct i.d. to fit the door shaft. I epoxied the shaft back together using the bushing as a coupling. I also had to trim the white blending cam for the upper servo to clear the bushing. Not very much, just a little on the bench grinder. I'd post pictures but I cannot seem to upload them. It was a major pain to do this as I was on my head fitting it all together. However, it works and it cost about ten bucks.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.