Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend just got back from his deployment. He came back and bought a 350Z. He told me to take it for a test drive and so i did. I babyed it at first to get used to the gearing and feel for the clutch. My friends was like "dude wtf ?.....get on it". As soon as he told me that i knew of a nice openeing in the road where i could stop. I come to a stop, Turn the traction control off, slip it in to first lightly then cut the wheel and punch it. Sure enough the rear end kicks out to the right. I bang second gear and the rear end then kicks out to the left. Tires are screaming at this point. I bang third gear and tach it out. When i powershifted fourth gear it still even barked the tires. After that i took it easy into 5th and 6th gear but was definitally a fun little test drive. I didnt think they had that much power. I cant even imagen dumping the clutch in that car for a first gear burn out. All i had to do was punch it. But definitally seems like a fun little car to have. Of course its not so fun in the rain or snow.

·
Registered
594 Posts
pretty quick,but also heavy to but just a little lighter then a mustang GT I believe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
haha Thats why i said forget the cobalt i drove a friend of mine who has an 07 model automatic though but i went the next day and ordered a red enthusiast model 6speed manual tranny...well worth the 32 grand...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.