Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought the car back in August 2008 down in Georgia. It had 8900 miles on it

Stock Options (which came with car when bought)
Rear SS Spoiler
5-Speed transmission
Blue Granite paint
Manual Crank windows
Manual doors
No Keyless entry
Hood Scoops (were put on by dealer while car was on the lot)

Exterior

ICW Racing Nakano Rims
Cooper C4 Touring
Custom hood scoops
Bumble Bee Yellow Calipers/Drums
Painted Headlights
Tsudo N1 Performance Exhaust
35% Window tint all around

Interior
Factory white cloth seats
Dual Kicker Comp 12's
1200watt Insignia amp
Kicker Sealed Enclosure

Pictures:

My car:
Old Pictures where the car had its 1st mod (red drums) but other than that here it is when first got it.

After a few months after getting the car, I decided I didn't like the brakes being a dull grey color. I took them all apart and sprayed them with a bumblebee yellow.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

1st Photo shoot after doing the brake work

Older Picture of me by a few years.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

June of 2009 I decided to get all of my windows tinted. I went with 35% all the way around. and the result is this:

Sub Install #1

While the process of getting the windows tinted and working, I started a project for a new sub-woofer system. This was installed around October 2008

This setup consisted of 3 subs and 2 mid-ranges. One 1", Two 8" Subs and 2 5x7" Midranges, all powered by an Insignia 1200 watt Mono Amp.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By this time of Owning the car, I had gone through Senior year of highschool and was about to go off to Virginia Commonwealth University for College. So the modifications slowed down at that point due to lack of money. So little mods were preformed, Debadged the GM logo from passenger side door, debadged the LS from the trunk lid, Removed vinyl strip on doors beside window.

Once in college, I decided I wanted something to hit harder than what I had installed the previous October. I went with 2 Twelve Inch Kicker Comp 12's powered by the 1200 Amp Mono Insignia Amp I had used for the last set of subs. This new system was installed July 2010. The results were this:

I will now show you some inside pictures.
Note: I have not done any work on the inside of the car except continuous cleaning.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

It is now September of 2011 and finally the exhaust has finally died. I have purchased a Tsudo N1 Catback Exhaust to replace the crap that was on the car when I purchased the car.

I will post pictures of the new exhaust as soon as it comes in and is installed on the car. By in the mean time, I went out today and took some pictures since I haven't had any since last year. These pictures were taken in Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, VA and downtown in Shockoe Bottom on Sept 4, 2011

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Nice work on the speaker box. It looks very pro. How does it sound?
The old system hit pretty hard but the new one hits 100 times harder. Both sounded great but the Kickers are by far better.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Looking good not a fan of the hood tho. Any plans for lowering?

·
Registered
304 Posts
gotta say i love the car except i just cant get past the hood,its just not my taste at all for a hood like that on a cobalt,no offence. if its what u like then go for it
^
this. i can't get past the stick on hood scoops,i'd be ripping those off...carefully of course with a heatgun(or hair drier for safe removal) and whatever else i can find to help,with some goo gone and wd-40.

But again..if you like it that's what matters

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^
this. i can't get past the stick on hood scoops,i'd be ripping those off...carefully of course with a heatgun(or hair drier for safe removal) and whatever else i can find to help,with some goo gone and wd-40.

But again..if you like it that's what matters

I have tried taking them off but when I bought the car, the owner scratched an outline around them when he installed them. So when you take them off, there is 2 noticeable outlines around where they were. Trust me, I've tried taking them off. If someone gave me a hood to put on the car that matched the paint, I'd switch it in a heart beat.

so how long until those 6x9's got fried sharing that "sub box"?
They actually never busted. I had it ported in the back and it was enough that they never got busted. But that box is long gone and I have something better now.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Looking good not a fan of the hood tho. Any plans for lowering?
I had it lowered in 09. I had to put it back to stock because I was bottoming out EVERY where I was going. I decided I didn't want to replace my whole under carriage so I took them off. Eventually when I get some more money I will get a different set of springs and lower it again, Just not as much as I had it before.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
just a thought....why don't you remove the hood scoops and cover the hood with carbon vynil? One of the vendors on another cobalt site, ProVynilShop, is having a sale on high quality carbon wrap that spans the whole hood. It would cost under $100 and look MUCH better than those hood scoops :S just an idea to consider.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just a thought....why don't you remove the hood scoops and cover the hood with carbon vynil? One of the vendors on another cobalt site, ProVynilShop, is having a sale on high quality carbon wrap that spans the whole hood. It would cost under $100 and look MUCH better than those hood scoops :S just an idea to consider.
Eh. I'm not in favor of redoing the hood in a vinyl. I'd rather wait till I have money to get a new hood.

·
Registered
304 Posts
what's struts were you using when you were lowered...sounds like you suspension set up was a bit to soft.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what's struts were you using when you were lowered...sounds like you suspension set up was a bit to soft.
I can't remember the exact setup but it was too soft. This was like 3 weeks after I got the car. It only stayed on for less than a month and sold them to one of my friends.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tsudo is still on its way here from California. Once it gets here, will be installing and posting pictures.

This weekend's project is to get headlights modified. Will post pictures once completed!

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I actually kinda dig the scoops. Are they functional? I'd say keep them :D But yeah your car does need a good drop...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually kinda dig the scoops. Are they functional? I'd say keep them :D But yeah your car does need a good drop...
Thank you, You are the only one that hasn't bashed them. I don't think they are hideous. Maybe not the best looking but I've seen much worse. I would like to get it dropped, just the whole money thing....

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Headlights have been painted!

Took stock headlights out and cleaned them really well. I painted them black to darken them up a bit and make it disappear a bit. Been wanting to do this for a while now and finally took the day to do it. Took me about 8 hours to do both of them. Tell me what you think about the headlights.

Last week it rained (down poured for 3 days) and I thought Balt looked cool with the water beading up

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question I just ordered the same kicker set up ypu have in your cobalt and i was wondering how you got the box to fit into the trunk? through the trunk or the backseat?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quick question I just ordered the same kicker set up ypu have in your cobalt and i was wondering how you got the box to fit into the trunk? through the trunk or the backseat?
Take out the back seat cushion, flip it on its side with the sub holes facing down. Slide it in from inside the car /backseat and than install the subs once in the trunk. To take it out you can flip it with the sub side down but it will not fit through trunk unless you take back seat cushion out.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

LOOK WHAT CAME FED EX TODAY!!!! CANT WAIT TO INSTALL THIS WEEKEND!

·
Registered
304 Posts
youre much braver then me to do the headlights without a back up set haha....but i'm a girl when it comes to the whole possibly damaging a perfectly good and costly part.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.