Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm sick of this shit... **** it i'm done. I'm done modding. Starts out like this. This morning I put my heat shields back on my header. Then I break a strut stud. (don't ask) Then later on I'm driving and I get a CEL which I shouldn't cause I have a CEL eliminator. So now I'm pissed off I go home re tighten everything, then go for a test drive. Somewhat satisfied, I come back to my house and open the hood and listen and smell for leaks and what now? I smell exhaust in the engine bay. FML. I roast my clutch trying to get my car up my ramps, then what happens? The ramp breaks and the car falls off it. FMLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! No damage from what I saw. So then I proceed to tighten and check AGAIN, find some header bolts a little loose so I tighten them. Then I test again I turn on and smell for fumes and STILL fumes! I go under the car and feel for leaks, and it feels like leaks all over WTFFFFFF!!!!! So pissed off, I said **** it put everything away. So what's the point of the story? Every ****ing time I do something to my car, it's ALWAYS ****ING SOMETHING ELSE!! Something ALWAYS goes wrong, or breaks, and I'm getting SICK of it! So you know what? **** IT! I'm done modding, I can't take it anymore. So that's it. Last 2 mods are over the axel 2.5 (making sure my friend does it) and get my ss/tc struts and shocks and pray something doesn't go wrong and that's it I'm done. I'm done modding. Just gonna drive it, wash it, and look at it. That's it. Tired of this shit. It's either that or have a place install shit.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Trial and error, bro. Get used to it. On top of that, stop being so paranoid.lol sleep it off give it a couple of days and check it again, you'll feel better and once less paranoid will probably not even see all the stuff you find out now, half of it could just be in your head doubting yourself looking for errors.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
It's wierd that there were leaks everywhere. It happened to me also buy only in one spot. At the curve connection of my Megan. I didn't line it up right and the hole where the bolt goes in was aside abut and you can see the inside of the tube. That's where my leak way. Probably a dumb question but did you get all new bolts and nut for
your connections.? Plus new gaskets?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trial and error, bro. Get used to it. On top of that, stop being so paranoid.lol sleep it off give it a couple of days and check it again, you'll feel better and once less paranoid will probably not even see all the stuff you find out now, half of it could just be in your head doubting yourself looking for errors.
Dude I felt pulsing air coming out, and smelt exhaust in the engine bay
I have said that so many times! and then I get on here and find something new that I would want to do! LOL
lmao
Damn bro. Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, give it some time, youll want to put a turbo in in no time lol
yeah right not after this....
It's wierd that there were leaks everywhere. It happened to me also buy only in one spot. At the curve connection of my Megan. I didn't line it up right and the hole where the bolt goes in was aside abut and you can see the inside of the tube. That's where my leak way. Probably a dumb question but did you get all new bolts and nut for
your connections.? Plus new gaskets?
no just a new header to dp gasket and same bolts
My advice is that when ever something goes wrong as you are working on your car, stop and go have a nap. Everything is better after a nap.
I guess so

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
lol man on my old civic there was plenty of shit that went wrong after I did some somewhat simple mods. You just have to keep going, and when you mess up take a step back and relax. Like everyone else says sleep it off. or go have sex. That always works. Just take it slow. I said similar shit so many times, when my first amp blew, when my drl's stopped working properly, etc etc....(on my old car of course). just chill and you;ll be back into it in no time trust me.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I don't have experience on full size cars with modding, but at least on the gas minis I work on- I know exactly what you mean. I put in hundreds worth of parts and work, and shit will take a dump on you because of the most retarded reasons. Just keep going and be patient. Give yourself a few days break, then get back at it with a fresh mind- it always helps. The pay off is always great when everything works as it should :idea:

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol man on my old civic there was plenty of shit that went wrong after I did some somewhat simple mods. You just have to keep going, and when you mess up take a step back and relax. Like everyone else says sleep it off. or go have sex. That always works. Just take it slow. I said similar shit so many times, when my first amp blew, when my drl's stopped working properly, etc etc....(on my old car of course). just chill and you;ll be back into it in no time trust me.
yea but i've broken a valve cover bolt (still broken in the head) and now I snapped a strut stud where the strut bar attaches to those are major problems i don't know what to do about... I mean now that only means I have to save up quicker for those ss/tc struts... ugh *sigh* I'll just wait for george to come look at it and let him fix it cause i don't know what else to do. Just gonna let others work on my car from now on I've lost all confidence...

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
you need a good break and a cold beer, it helps me when Im working on my friends car and he dose something to break it

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hey man I would help to bro.
If u can take a look at it I'd appreciate it. Not sure when I'm free yet I'll know by Monday the latest.

you need a good break and a cold beer, it helps me when Im working on my friends car and he dose something to break it
yeah im taking a break till i have someone look at it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Ha,,, Yup,, that's how it works! Everybody ever notice you can work on SOMEONE ELSES car and things work out OK... but something ALWAYS screws up when U work on your OWN stuff??? Funny how that works!! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Ha,,, Yup,, that's how it works! Everybody ever notic you can work on SOMEONE ELSES car and thinks work out OK... but something ALWAYS screws up when U work on your OWN stuff??? Funny how that works!! LOL

SOOOOO true! :laugh:

youll figure it out CC.
i always thought it was part of the fun of modding! :amuse:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Eric,

did u clean all the surfaces off before u put it on, did u replace all the gaskets...it sounds like u have to go back and dubble check yer work...if everything is tight and yer still leaking..then uve got a dirty surface.. or a warped surface...u might wanna thing about haveing someone weld it all together for u, and as far as the CEL, pull that code and read it, its possible that yer car is detecting all the leaks u have...

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
The cel you might be getting is a lean code, how is your idle? I had the same problem, a tune can take car of that for you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.