Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pics On Page 4 aswell

About the car, no, its not anything special and no I dont want it to be. This car is to hold duties of taking me to work and places I do not want the cobalt to go. This car is a "beater" meaning its just a regular car. I dropped alot of money into to get it running again after I gave it to my sister in early 2003 before getting it back about 2 years ago after it was driven to death due to a not tightened down oil filter that leaked and killed the head and a couple pistons. So I rebuilt the motor to stock specs aside from aftermarket head and pistons. After that it needed a new Alternator, starter, belt, wheels and tires(not necessarily wheels but the stockers were just junk), rotors and brakes. I plan to do an header and exhaust just because the stock setup is old and worn so why not pay just a tad more and get a decent aftermarket set. Other than that its staying pretty much as is, but of course the tuner and modder in me is looking at things to do but definitely not spending as more than I really have to, to keep it going cause after all, the whole point of getting this car running is so the mileage on the balt stays low and it stays looking great from not being daily driven anymore, its just going to be a nice day/track/show car(the cobalt that is).

Yes, you well see there is a body kit on the cavalier. The owner before me when I first got the car did that, the kit is from Razzi. Is it rice? well eh, that term is tossed around too much, most well say it is but hey, I did not put the kit on and nor well I take it off. I hate to think what may be under them side skirts after the car stayed in upstate NY for 4 winters lol

Performance Mods:
NONE

Exterior Mods:
MB Wheels 16's. Stockers where 14's
Razzi Body Kit (previous owners doing, car originally had granny bumpers so I well deal with this lol)
Cool a$$ Super Sport decals that wont come off! (done by original owner aswell :-( ).
Clear Corner markerlights

Interior Mods:
KICKA$$ cracks and stains, not even the good kind of stains!

Audio:
Some kind of newish cd player

Handling/Suspension:
NONE

Future Plans:
Fixed a bad idle
New clear headlights and corner lights
maybe HIDs
A good detail job
Tint

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
miss? its in the garage, I can see it whenever, can drive it too but the plan was to get a car to drive daily and keep miles and bad weath,er away from coby. I was real worried about insurance but its just 60 more $$ a month to have the cavalier, hooray for an older car that i owe nothing for and being over 25 haha.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
miss? its in the garage, I can see it whenever, can drive it too but the plan was to get a car to drive daily and keep miles and bad weath,er away from coby. I was real worried about insurance but its just 60 more $$ a month to have the cavalier, hooray for an older car that i owe nothing for and being over 25 haha.
lol hey it works out i have a 93 ford bronco thats my beater but im not putting the blt away i have 2 kids and the bronco not stable enough to drive them in it lol

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Aww, i said it on ur myspace, but i shall say it here too... i love cavaliers...lol... i like the rear/front bumpers, but those side skirts are... um... not so nice. LOL... makes me miss my cav tho... other than that, looks good!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
WINTER BEATERS FTW!!! really wish I had one.. :(

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to hear man, mine has been stalling on me if I am idling, well it did it once, had to try to get it started a couple times earlier. I am praying its just the rest of the bad gas being used up. It starts back up but its scary, one of the worst things to be stranded cause I really do not have people who well be able to just come and get me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.