Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I'm a loser, and I'm probably one of the last people on earth to do this, but I think this looks sweet! :D

Before:

After:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
haha, loserish how? I just cut my factory antenna off to about that size, mainly cuz its STUCK! haha
But it looks good! :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
I know, I'm a loser, and I'm probably one of the last people on earth to do this, but I think this looks sweet! :D
Don't worry, I still haven't done it but I'm thinking about it seeing how cool it looks on your car.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Actually quite a few people put shorty antenna's on their cars on here...I would have one on mine, except when I went to take off my stock antenna, the bolt was rusted to the base of the antenna and decided to break off with it...o well. Im just gonna cement the shorty if I put it on. :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
nice. Mine just snapped off in a car wash one day. So i just have a lil black nub (base of the antenna) eventually i am just gonna run it through my headliner.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
haha, loserish how? I just cut my factory antenna off to about that size, mainly cuz its STUCK! haha
But it looks good! :D
how's the reception with the thing cut off? lol

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I cut mine more than half way, cut the little ball atop also and super glued it back on the shorty

·
Registered
618 Posts
yea mine went snap when i tried to take it off seems like chevy F***ED up on that one......hey owell thats what my hard drive full of music is for right?

·
Say What again!
6,400 Posts
I love my shorty. =)

·
Registered
185 Posts

Before:

After:
Where did u get urs from? I went to advance and they didn't have 1 I thought I would like but I like urs!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got mine from modernperformance.com

it screwed right on no problem, took me literally ten seconds.. now I just have to repaint the base because it's all faded and the antenna is nice and shiny..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice lol. How long did it take for it to b sent to u?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got it in just under a week, they shipped it in like two days.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have the ARK shorty antenna and even though it's way overpriced, I like it more than any of the others I've seen for sale. I bought it because I got a great deal on the STB and Antenna combo...

ARK's is closer to $35 though. A lot of people who go to a short antenna say they have problems with reception...I honestly don't have any problems unless I go up north. I live in a northern suburb of the Twin Cities and if we go out of town (35-50 miles away from home, then I start having reception problems)...the radio towers are all within probably 20-25 miles of our house...in the Twin Cities or just south of the Twin Cities for the most part.

Here's a quick shot I took one day trying some things with my camera:

·
Registered
496 Posts
is the reception up to par w/ the stock antennas?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.