Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to let you all know that if you are looking for the best Xenon Halogen bulbs for your Cobalt you have to buy these bulbs from Redline MotorSports . The brand is from Sunshine Racing sports called HALO Xenon Plasma Blue they draw normal current but produce 170w. I promise you guys that these are the Sh** They are bright and white..they are way better than PIAA, SILVERSTAR ULTRA, due to the output of 170w. I have used these in my car for the couple of years. What is the catch? They last about 6-8 months (that is in my car) I am still searching for a H1 bulbs in the same set up. The H1 bulbs that I found for my projectors never produce this much light so I put my stock lights back in since I found these bulbs. The price is great!! Buy them and if you dont like them...I'll buy them from you. Note: make sure that they say they produce 170 w or 100/80w min. I purchased some bulbs before, same brand same style but they were only 55/65w and 8500K they were super blue but weak weak light out put because of the 55/65w. That is what I have in now until these bulbs come. I like the blue light but I cant see when other cars are coming at me and a car behind me drowns out the light also. So BUY THE 170w bulbs and you will dominate the road nest to the HID lights. TRUST ME!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
hids are the way to go, i have 10000k on the way, but how long do they last vs a normal 9007 series bulb?!?

·
Registered
314 Posts
typically the life of the car...i know mine have a lifetime warranty so i never have to buy another bulb aain. if i want a different k color i can for a small fee. 4300k is the brightest white without any yellow. but each mfgr bulbs will dffer slightly

·
Registered
26 Posts
where did you get yours thru?!? i went to hidguy.net didnt see anything about a warrenty though...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I thought I have some takers. These again are great bulbs which are just as bright as H.I.D's anpit 4300K I will take some pix when I get them installed again. I had to order some more last time was about 10 months ago. I would love to have HIDS. How do they work with our lamp lens. does the beam scatter or is it better. What is the distance of a HID beam. Hit me up with a website!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Well I thought I have some takers. These again are great bulbs which are just as bright as H.I.D's anpit 4300K I will take some pix when I get them installed again. I had to order some more last time was about 10 months ago. I would love to have HIDS. How do they work with our lamp lens. does the beam scatter or is it better. What is the distance of a HID beam. Hit me up with a website!
HIDplanet.com

and if you haven't had them then you definitely can not say the lights you have are as bright, which I assure you aren't.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have projector but re-installed my stock headlights because of light out put was bad with the H1 bulb. I liked the pattern of the projector but get more light out put with stock. So I am asking if it wise to buy H.I.D's for my projectors of stock.
-----Added 13 Dec 2008 at 04:29:59-----

Here is one headlight bulb install. Quality is camera phone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please PM Admin about becoming a vendor
Thats not a bad Idea...I thought Redline Motorsports could be the vendor though. Is this what you are thinking?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.