Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've got the GTP gettin' ready to sell I figure it's a good time to toss a little love at the 'Balt. While performance wise I'm pretty much done minus a custom tune...it's getting a FULL suspension/wheel upgrade this winter. I'm beyond tired of the retarded body roll, 4x4 fender gap, and otherwise not so great looks. Here's what's goin' on her this winter...

D2 Racing RS Coilovers
TTR Rear Sway Bar
15" ROTA Slipstream's finished in Flat Black w/ CF ROTA Centercaps wrapped in 205/50/R15 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
PowerGrid Sway Bar End Links
OTTP Spherical Control Arm Bushings
OTTP Poly Transmission Mount

Thoughts? Comments? Honestly...I'm just ready to SLAM this thing :laugh:

Here's a few quick pictures of it now...since I don't ever think I've posted pics of it...and yeah I know...my camera = weaksauce.

Here it is, before tinted anything...

Then, 20% all around, tinted tails/3rd brake light/license plate cover...

Then, the rest of the pics I took today...enjoy.

4300K 35W HID's

For those who spot it...yes, I got involved in a hit and run on the passenger fender...douchebags. And the decal says: STICKERS MAKE THE CAR GO FASTER.

I swear I noticed like 19.87 horse to the right rear tire after install. Easy too. :toung:

·
Registered
911 Posts
looks good, I like seeing sedans done up, and also I noticed some spare tires u should have grabbed, even if they don't fit the Cobalt, they make great xmas gifts for friends and family

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you should probably do brakes too
Suggestions besides D&S'd rotors/pads?

I know I can't do SS/TC brakes since it's 4 lug...and I'm not going through the mess of converting it...is there is a good upgrade for the Base Cobalt guys?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back from the dead...

Had some unexpected expenses...so looks like the D2's are out of the question for awhile...but hopefully I get the springs on here lined up and bought before spring...if not, I'll just buy some new B&G's since it seems that is the lowest spring out there for the 'Balt's. Also...TTR RSB is sitting in the garage and I snagged a DC Sports STB from a CL ad. Gonna send that off and have it painted the same color as the car so it blends in...or black...not sure yet.

Just kinda giving an update on her...and thanks for the opinion on the larger wheels. I looked into sidewall flex and such and it seems I can find a cheap 18" tire out there too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.