Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a 2009 cobalt SS. 63,000 miles, bone stock. Black with black interior. $12,000. I'd have to get a loan for like 10,500 at least probably $11,000.

I want the car bad, but as an 18 year old bringing home around 850 a month paying phone bill, insurance and gonna be car payment. I don't know if it'd be a smart idea.

Opinions?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Thats a good deal. When I was 24 I got my SS and I paid $125/mo for insurance. Call your insurance company and get a quote. From there, work a budget and see if its feasable.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm going to point out there is a car for sale on CSS $8500 51k miles, guys son died and he's trying to get rid of it quick. 09 SS with a few flaws but not bad.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
should be able to do it. I make 850 a month and I pay my car bill, car insurance, phone, etc. but then again I financed about 5600 not 11,000. crunch some numbers and see what interest rate they will give u. Remember when I bought my car and they wanted me to pay like 25% interest and I walked and the next day got a call for 11% which wasnt bad for not having a credit build up yet : )

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to point out there is a car for sale on CSS $8500 51k miles, guys son died and he's trying to get rid of it quick. 09 SS with a few flaws but not bad.
Where's it from

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

should be able to do it. I make 850 a month and I pay my car bill, car insurance, phone, etc. but then again I financed about 5600 not 11,000. crunch some numbers and see what interest rate they will give u. Remember when I bought my car and they wanted me to pay like 25% interest and I walked and the next day got a call for 11% which wasnt bad for not having a credit build up yet : )
Friend of mine got 8% with no credit, and if you get a loan it has to be in your name

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Personally, when I'm looking to buy something, I first need to be sure I have the money to buy it outright. (In your case, already have 12k lying around) This way it'll be cheaper as you don't need to finance or pay interest, you won't get caught up in the credit trap that can be disastrous if you let it get out of hand, and you have more room to negotiate. Flash him 10k in cash and see if he bites.

Also, if you can put the car under someone else's name (hopefully older and a woman) you could save big, just don't get caught.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Personally, when I'm looking to buy something, I first need to be sure I have the money to buy it outright. (In your case, already have 12k lying around) This way it'll be cheaper as you don't need to finance or pay interest, you won't get caught up in the credit trap that can be disastrous if you let it get out of hand, and you have more room to negotiate. Flash him 10k in cash and see if he bites.

Also, if you can put the car under someone else's name (hopefully older and a woman) you could save big, just don't get caught.
He said 12 is lowest over text. He's two hours away, when I go I'm flashing 10 cash, hoping to get it for around 11

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Here it is just take out the space between the cobalt and ss.
http://www.cobalt ss.net/forums/complete-cars-101/2008-cobalt-coupe-ss-tc-5-spd-black-black-lsd-51k-miles-pa-east-%248500-obo-304728/

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
just seen a couple of them for sale over there, if i was to get a TC i would definitely check there before any car dealership

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
No credit is also better than someone with sketchy credit or a higher DTI (Debt To Income) ratio...

If you're only bringing home $900~ a month...and you've got other bills...

I'd sit on it and wait, honestly. Wait till you're bringing in more change, guy. You're still YOUNG young. Will be plenty of more deals, probably even better ones, down the line.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
He said 12 is lowest over text. He's two hours away, when I go I'm flashing 10 cash, hoping to get it for around 11
he says 12 is the lowest cash,
but when you ACTUALLY show up with cash, He'll more than likely take it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am glad to see you are looking seriously at your finances it seems so easy to find what we all want and jump in without figuring out how to pay for it. Keep your head on straight

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am glad to see you are looking seriously at your finances it seems so easy to find what we all want and jump in without figuring out how to pay for it. Keep your head on straight
Getting a second job hopefully. Gonna make it my primary job should up what I make monthy by 1,000

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.