Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys followed my last thread, my cobalt had a misfire issue, well the day i took it to the road it was finally fixed car ran fine, no misfire no weird sputtering no anthing....While my mom and i were driving up to college the worst thing possible happend...I heard a loud BANG! and suddenly i heard something bouncing outta the undercarriage, i saw smoke and smelled burnt oil, engine died so i pulled over, i pop the hood, engine oil everywhere, My engine blew up :( we got it towed to the nearest chevy dealership and they said warranty wont cover it just cuz of my exhaust, its a catback exhaust btw, and they want $4500 plus labor for a new motor, we decided to let the insurance just handle it as a total loss...R.I.P. Skids I Will truly miss you. I had so many great memories with that car. You will always be my first car :'(

we moved it forward to show all of what it dumped...

R.I.P. Skids the Cobalt :(

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
shitty dude. what are you thinking about getting now?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
idk what im getting now...

dealership says that they can void the warranty for whatever mod it has which i know is total BS

they said that the misfire randomly happend again and the engine couldnt handle it so piston #3 blew along with the bottom end of the block

im on steelies cuz in about a month its gonna start snowing where my school is

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
idk what im getting now...

dealership says that they can void the warranty for whatever mod it has which i know is total BS

they said that the misfire randomly happend again and the engine couldnt handle it so piston #3 blew along with the bottom end of the block

im on steelies cuz in about a month its gonna start snowing where my school is
that in bold right there, what ****ing dealership said this, i wanna know right now, i'm dead serious give me their name, show them that law right there, make them prove an EXHAUST caused a piston to shoot out from a ****ing engine block jesus christ i'd love to hear that arguement

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Santa Fe Chevrolet is the name of that retarted place. i know as well as you and everyone on this planet with logic that an exhaust didnt cause this, im planning on fighting this but my parents said its not worth it that the car is just gonna keep causing problems...im not giving up

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Get GM involved with that, I'm serious - GM dealership management does NOT like that type of shit.

Get them to fix the car, free of charge dude.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cant imagine something happening to my balt.
dude its the worst feeling ever, especially if its your 1st car and even more if you've worked your ass off to get it to where it is today, a fender bender is nothing cuz it can be replaced but knowing that you wont be able to drive your 1st car again is the worst feeling :(

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
as mp81 said, contact gm dude. you've probably gotta do a bit of footwork now

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Santa Fe Chevrolet is the name of that retarted place. i know as well as you and everyone on this planet with logic that an exhaust didnt cause this, im planning on fighting this but my parents said its not worth it that the car is just gonna keep causing problems...im not giving up
yeah well GM needs to fix the whole damn car, your intake and exhaust aren't causing misfires, power steering issues, the block blowing up, oil leaks, or any of that shit
Get GM involved with that, I'm serious - GM dealership management does NOT like that type of shit.

this for the love of god this, ugh david i am legit pissed off at this dealership trying to **** you over, i'm calling them tomorrow

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

yea funny thing about that, S.F. Chevy said that they called GM and saw what could be done and that theyre the ones that said the whole "any mod voids warranty" BS....i want the number to call myself

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah well GM needs to fix the whole damn car, your intake and exhaust aren't causing misfires, power steering issues, the block blowing up, oil leaks, or any of that shit

this for the love of god this, ugh david i am legit pissed off at this dealership trying to **** you over, i'm calling them tomorrow
damn dude u dont gotta do that man, i appreciate it though, im plannin on calling just need the digits

·
Registered
212 Posts
that in bold right there, what ****ing dealership said this, i wanna know right now, i'm dead serious give me their name, show them that law right there, make them prove an EXHAUST caused a piston to shoot out from a ****ing engine block jesus christ i'd love to hear that arguement
yeah i'm pissed about some ****ing dealership pulling this no warranty crap cause of a freaking exhaust, no exhaust is gonna cause a catastrophic oil leak like that unless its welded shut
I'm sorry to hear about this, that really sucks. However Camo has a point. I know you are in shock right now about all of this, but I suggest you get some legal council about this case. There is no way the dealer can just void your warranty based on what you said.

Have you done any other mods, forthem to say that? Once you'll have your head clear might want to take a step back and see how you want to proceed with this. I would tow the car to your house first.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.