Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short the car had been running fine the clock just passed 124k I was driving in about 113* weather and I started running on only a couple cylinders. As it happened I remembered hmm I remember a similar issue with my old dsm and after tons of diagnosis found it was a bad coil I let it sit much like my old dsm and after an hour I started it up and continued home. I replaced plugs just hoping it was the fouled plugs but it came back again on the next super hot day. I then ordered new coil set up and installed it to find a nice code for the cat inefficient which I figured was from the cyl dumping fuel with out spark messing up the cat. I drove it for about an hour highway speeds to work and it popped a code I figured was for the cat but I scan it and now I have the cam sensor code. after research I find that I don't have a cam sensor that it monitors the crank sensor and two spark plugs to generate the signal. So with all of that can I assume I have either a bad crank sensor or fouled out my plugs again? and is there a way to determine it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.