Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
didnt even read this thread, no idea if this was mention but instead of spending money on a $150+ intake go ahead and save yourself the money and do the airbox mod. this link is for the SS/t LNF Factory Airbox Mod - Cobalt SS Network

this link is for the 2.2 le5 Cobalt SS Network

And for the lsj just open the box and secure the new filter so it doesnt fall out.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
didnt even read this thread, no idea if this was mention but instead of spending money on a $150+ intake go ahead and save yourself the money and do the airbox mod. this link is for the SS/t LNF Factory Airbox Mod - Cobalt SS Network

this link is for the 2.2 le5 Cobalt SS Network

And for the lsj just open the box and secure the new filter so it doesnt fall out.
Just an FYI.. I have seen the difference between a simple airbox mid and a real intake. The air box mod is good until you can get a real intake, but the stock intake system is still VERY restrictive even after the mod. Not to mention that with a real metal intake, it makes the S/C whine SO loud! A real intake is definitely worth it IMO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
for the sc version the tb opening is only around 2.5 the stock intake is 2.5 making ti exactly the proper size and it is already designed as a cold air intake. When you get into the metal intakes you pay more money than necessary. unless you port your tb it will have no gained effects. ive used the airbox mod and the fujita intake and the only real difference is the sound. It all depends on your budget. im trying to help people with information on how to save themselves money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
intake

i have the 2.2 eco tech and want a cold air intake or any other kinda intake but i dont wanna run into issues installing and i dont wanna break the bank. I just paid off my whip last week and lost my job (tough times) now i got some free time and bout $100 bucks free. so what mod should i look at for my engine. just finished a Full synthetic oil change

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
i have the 2.2 ecotec and want a cold air intake or any other kinda intake but i dont wanna run into issues installing and i dont wanna break the bank. I just paid off my whip last week and lost my job (tough times) now i got some free time and bout $100 bucks free. so what mod should i look at for my engine. just finished a Full synthetic oil change
well any intake is not difficult to install. Please try to search. And read this entire thread for some ideas as for what intake you need. Your answers are most likely in here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ebay intake

was just looking for a new intake on ebay and found this thing:
2005-2009 Chevy Cobalt Cold Air Intake System 05 06 07 : eBay Motors (item 370326688367 end time Mar-28-10 12:13:03 PDT)

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Most of the time I don't buy into it, but whatever, i'm easily convinced. I had an AEM CAI on my ZX3, hated it. looking for something different. kinda wanted a filter i didn't have to oil, but it looks like i'll be going K&N or Weapon R FTW... Unless someone says this is worth a shot.

·
Registered
922 Posts
not all cobalts from late 06 and up have secondary air injection. I have an 07 ls and do not have secondary air injection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
c if any1 can help me out just recently got n2 balts i have an 06 2.4 w/sai i installed a weapon r intake n when i downshift n smash on the throttle it bogs out or limp mode like it says on the write up i guess from what i read here its a fuel surge. i took it all apart but it on again stills does the same s*** no codes am out of ideas???????

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have heard a *LOT* of problems with Weapon R intakes. I was looking at buying one, but someone on here convinced me to just get an Injen. A week later, I saw two or three people who bought them complaining that their engine would bog down and almost "suffocate" or cause other problems. I'd stay away.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
You can find a typhoon for probably about 210-220. Just shop around. a header is going to be much harder of an install and also costs pretty much the same. And you're also not gonna see much if any gain by just a header itself anyways. Just save a couple more bucks and buy the intake

·
Registered
931 Posts
GMPP intake is my favorite. Sounds great at WOT and just overall looks good as well. I also have sai. Just put a small filter on it if you install an intake...

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

·
Registered
61 Posts
^^^

I want one of those. :bigsmile: just don't have the cash for it right now. That looks better than I thought it would though. Nicest thing about it is GM can't really say anything about it if you have to get it serviced :toung:

41 - 60 of 138 Posts