Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought there ought to be a thread where we could collect all the laws of modding that we have observed over the years. I'll start:

1. If you screw with something long enough, it will break.

2. Modders have to mod. Especially if it's perfect the way it is.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If the first mod doesn't work, try another brand.

·
Registered
931 Posts
a car can be... Fast, cheep, and reliable... PICK TWO

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
We don't have a harbor freight here but we got a store called blue sky that sells all the generic made in china tools. I don't get anything fancy there but I do get most of my sockets, allens and basic wrenches from there. I got a set of gear wrenches from them 5 years agao and they still work fine even the 3/4 one which I used to remove some hydraulic actuators. The bolts were fitted bolts with some ridiculous torque and they were all 3/4 allens. Unfortunately we couldn't fit an allen in there so I cut an allen wrench off and stuck my 3/4 gear wrench on it and pounded the living shit out of it all night with a sledge hammer to get it off. There were 12 actuators 14 bolts each actuator and that crappy generic gear wrench held up thru all of them! That job was 3 years ago and I still use that wrench!

Long story short cheap tools aren't always bad! And as you can prolly tell I go through a LOT of tools at my job (I consider sockets disposable pretty much) I am not willing to spend more than 20 bux on ANY tool.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
There are rules? LOL.

My favorite one is you'll never learn to appreciate a aftermarket part until you destroy it and realize you suck at life and have to buy another one of the exact same thing.

Or...double check wires/sensors...I paid for a tow on my GTP back in '07 after installing my first set of roller rockers...ended up not having the ICM plugged in all the way so everytime I went WOT...the engine movement popped it out and the car died...FUN :D I found it the next morning...after I was $112 dollars poorer.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That which does not kill you flattens your wallet like a flounder.

I'm a Harbor Freight junkie. Bought a 3.5" pipe cutter w/2 extra blades today to cut 2 IC elbows nicely instead of hacksawing. For $20, why not?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
can we keep this to modding rules. but we have princess auto in Canada, dirt cheap tools and they always take them back if you dont like it lol /off topic.

-
--
---
If said person can not find an Excuse to buy part "Y" then said person shall; on "accident" destroy stock party -"Y"- in order to rationalize purchase of aftermarket part "Y"

-
--
---
Quality=/=China

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.