Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched and couldn't find anything about it here.

I recently did this after seeing a few Balts with the mod and I was very hooked on the mod. I first took some vinyl and applied it to see what it looks like and I liked it. I also work at a body shop/collision center so I can do this the professional way for almost nothing.

Anyway onto the pics, crappy pics for now, forgot to bring the camera with me to work while I was painting it. Camera wouldn't have fared to good in the oven anyway.

Better pics to come later.

Before:

After:

If you guys have this mod post it up, if not I hope I have inspired a few new people to try it out.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I was the first to do this mod back in march and called it the evo x mod. Ever since I poste it up, alot of members have done it. I remember whitessbalt was the one that said it would be mod of the year. It seems like it was.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering how it would look without the lip. Not too bad, but I wouldnt want to paint it on.
Yea like I said I think it looks better, and I found some satin black vinyl at work laying around so I crappy stuck it for an idea. The advantage is if I don't like it down the road I work at a collision center and can just re-paint whenever.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hailcesar I hate to break it to you but ppl have been doing this for a year or two now...

Anyways, here's mine:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hailcesar I hate to break it to you but ppl have been doing this for a year or two now...

QUOTE]

Yeahh ive seen it before cesar

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
its just paint. you tape off the area around and then paint the middle black

also, you might be able to get some sort of decal custom made for it by a shop

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its just paint. you tape off the area around and then paint the middle black

also, you might be able to get some sort of decal custom made for it by a shop
Good luck...damn sure not gonna be one piece. Way to many angles for it to fit right. I painted mine on, find someone that can do a decent rattle can job and your set. I think we would charge somewhere around $75-$100 to paint this on where I work.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.