Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2996 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing a lot of ricers as of late around Cincinnati. Just last nigh I had an early 90s integra with a fart can try to race me in my GT. It's getting to be a little much. I offer you to share some good stories about ricers and vent about the stupidity that they display.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
There is a early 2000 v6 mustang with a full body kit and a huge wing. None of it flows together at all! i see him all over the place and he has tried to race me before. I didn't even waste my gas because i saw how slow he was accelerating. LOL

I'll try to get a pic

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
A green BMW 3? series EVERY chrome accesory you can get, MASSIVE chrome rims, and to top it off, fart can... i died a little inside. and there was once a v-dub with every kit you can put on a car, scoops galore and a giant aluminum wing. I screamed "ricer!" at it lol

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Saw a red ford mustang V6, with a huge aluminum wing, dual exhaust (fart cans) and the guy revs it up at a stop light. Yeah I figure its a waste of time but someone had to show him that the fart cans don't give you like 100Hp like people think, lol.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn v6 mustangs. I had a convertible rev at me and try key word try to race me from a light. After I was out in front by 7 cars I went back to normal speed at he blows by me with his ricer fly by.

·
Registered
594 Posts
people are stupid when they buy v6 mustangs and think they're the shit and can race anyone in sight,just because its the plastic body of a mustang doesn't mean the engine is a v8.Even if guys with v6 mustangs were dumping so much money into the vehicle it wouldn't show the same results as a mustang gt would with hp.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
cant say i have seen any ricers as of late, my mistake, i remember thig guy with a 350Z, nasty ass body kit, wing off of a cessna, and so many decals i couldnt see in the window!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
^^ chill with that it's getting old.

Now, my friend's BF's 199? Accord, aluminum wing, overly tinted tails, complete with ebay fart cans (its not a V6 he just had a guy weld a Y on to fake it), the average mod includes going to wal-mart to get spray paint lol but now it's wingless and the car is sanded down "waiting to get it painted" and has a massive body kit thats currently white. He plans on getting it lime green with black and white... I LOL every time I see it. Then he knocks my cobalt. I don't even dignify him with a response.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
CRX--xxxxxtremmmee

^^^^^^^^^That is the worst thing ive ever seen.

Haha had a great one today. Goin home on I-71 North, guy gets on the freeway with a beat the shit CRX with a fart can 3 different rims types, and the best....he cut his front springs so he was bouncing up and down and up and down. He looked over at me and I just smiled and shook my head. He then proceeds to "race me" which was basically him flying up on my ass trying to pass me (i let him get beside) then me downshifting and walking away waving at him.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
try a lowered, spray paint(home depot special) black paint job, plastic black hood scoop(which was gloss on the sprayed hood), flat black steelies with low pro tires, fart can the size of a garage, not to mention this guy's rear side windows were also spray painted(in an effort to save money, i guess)...................... Did i mention it was on a CRX? LMFAO!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
saw a HATCHBACK civic, with a huge wing on the roof. i coul;dnt believe when i saw it, it looke like the back trunk/hatch was open, but after a triple take i saw it was an enourmous wing.

god i hate ricers.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I didn't like this and other people aren't either, but I was down in oshkosh the other day and saw a COBALT with a huge wing (not ss wing) and a big fart can. couldn't really do anything, I was going the opposite way on the highway. It was very disappointing to see this.

·
Banned
384 Posts
i know no one wants to believe it but there are quite a few riced out cobalts. especially over on .net, its pretty disturbing to say the least

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are all kinds of riced out cars 350zs, mustangs, camaros, cobalts, cavaliers, BMW's, even audis. It's a growing problem...sad to say like the clap or herpes.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
there are not many nicely done out rides, they are few and far between..........I must admit, the whole reason i started with rice, you guessed it, NFS Most Wanted(the one with the cobalt in it).............but honestly, if i get a sportscar again, it will be done up tastefully

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I wouldn't call the cobalt a "sports car" more like an economy class car. The SS/SC is a performance version but still not a sports car. I thought u said u didn't rice out cars?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I see those cars here everyday in Southern California, especially at the Ontario Mills Mall at night. The best I've seen by far was an blue M3 with a wide body kit, 20" rims, a cat-back with a nice exhaust note, and bunch of other things I only saw from outside the car, the only thing that ruined it was all the extra manufacture decals he slapped on it (nothing creative). Looked cool overall though.

1 - 20 of 2996 Posts