Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Great choice, I had one back in the day. Is it the v6 or the v8? I had an v8. Such a great car and so cushy, I have been thinking about getting another. Great road tripper. I'll be looking for the last year model, '06 since they were all v8s and LSE packaged

back in '05 or so

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Yep, I used to know a lot about them till I traded in and just kind of lost it. Only big issues were coils going bad or getting oil in the coil chambers. That was the issues most talked about when I was on the Lincoln forum.

I used to drive mine pretty hard at times. Just wish they came with more power than the 280 in the 03-06 v8s. I think it would of been more of a hit if it was advertised and actually had some good power. It was aimed at being a 5 series fighter. They had it almost perfect minus that power.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it was a European car fighter. I still have the window sticker. Almost 36,000 bucks new in 05.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

They make lowering springs that delete the factory suspension.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I got mine is 05 or just before the new year, paid 21 out the door. It had 28k miles and was the "premium" edition. It had the original sticker too, I believe it was $42k new, lol so I paid 1/2 that than the person before me a couple years earlier. Its a shame how they hold value BUT a total bargain for someone who gets it used. I was looking the other day and the most expensive one with the least miles was like $10k. Had 60k miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hope you have better luck than I did. I owned a 2003 V8 for about 2 years and if it could go wrong ...it did. Plus, being a Jaguar rebrand, every part was expensive at that time. The final straw was driving down I80 in summer and suddenly the dual climate control went to full hot and wouldn't budge.

Talk about a memorable family vacation :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do recall the V6 manuals being a level above the V8's in reliability and simplicity. I would've bought one of those, but any car I shared with my wife has to be automatic :(

I think the LS or any luxobarge like that is frustrating when "features" stop working or are intermittent. It's like... why am I not driving a base Cobalt or the like at this point? Heh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.