Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all thanks for all the help on my other thread hailcesar75 and gcobalt05 and some other dudes that put their input into it. :bigsmile:

anyway here are the pics i promised hailcesar75
while i was at it i also debadged my trim and painted the calipers and drums.

note: i also understand that the springs have to settle in. right?

BEFORE!

AFTER!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
looks good. I want a set but dont wanna f*** up my bumper snow plowing lol

·
Registered
821 Posts
bump stops?? I'm unfamiliar with the lingo.... What's a bump stop and the pro's / cons of trimming it off?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Why? its not like they ride on the bump stops......its not gonna make ur car ne lower....

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Why? its not like they ride on the bump stops......its not gonna make ur car ne lower....
Eibach says so on the instructions first off.
and yes, you will be hitting the bump stops every time you hit something. I was doing it.
Even had a GM mechanic tell me to cut them.

very controversial topic.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Ok! im getting the SSC springs does it matter with different springs? if it dosnt how much should I cut off?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Ok! im getting the SSC springs does it matter with different springs? if it dosnt how much should I cut off?
Couldnt tell ya for sure. idk what the amount of drop is relative to it...
Read the instructions and see if it says too.
if you dont have the instructions, try to google it.
Let me know. Curious as well..

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Cutting the bumpstops won't do nothing on lowering. I believe you should cut them with any lowering springs. The ssc springs are like the ca #1 springs I had. You should deff cut them. Unless you like them bottoming out constantly. Some people say that your struts will mess up quicker if you cut them but I see it like this. Even when your car is parked your lowering springs are compressing beyond stock. So it doesn't matter. Your struts shox will need replcing e eventually. Now some people that have springs have said they gone 20,000 miles and no problems. I'm gonna change mine to fe5 suspension soon

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yeah they'll settle a lil, probably like 0.2 inches or so but looks good bro, definitely a great upgrade!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cutting the bumpstops won't do nothing on lowering. I believe you should cut them with any lowering springs. The ssc springs are like the ca #1 springs I had. You should deff cut them. Unless you like them bottoming out constantly. Some people say that your struts will mess up quicker if you cut them but I see it like this. Even when your car is parked your lowering springs are compressing beyond stock. So it doesn't matter. Your struts shox will need replcing e eventually. Now some people that have springs have said they gone 20,000 miles and no problems. I'm gonna change mine to fe5 suspension soon
didnt you jus install your B&G Springs recently

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.