Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a shout out to all the other Cobalt owners in here. Thanks for all the help. I'd joined and posted a thread to get some help looking for ideas on what to look for (i.e. problem areas) in a used 'Balt. Well, the one I had in mind turned out to be a bust, it smelled funny and had obviously been hit on the front. So... I bought a brand new 2009 yesterday! It's a silver LS with a 5 speed, and no options other than the floor mats and side trim, but then again, that's all I wanted.

I'm Navy down in Norfolk, VA, but I hail from Frederick, MD, and my girl lives in DC, so I'm constantly traveling up that way. I only have 250 miles on the car, and already am averaging 36mpg, which is what I am after. Additionally, this thing scoots with 155hp and the 5 speed! I am so happy with the car except one little detail...

I call her "The Wee" now because it was pouring rain in DC yesterday and I picked up my Girlfriend and took her for a ride in my new car, and I guess the 'Balt doesn't like my girlfriend (jealousy maybe?), because she pee'd on her leg! Thats right, my car took a wee on my girlfriends leg! I'm gonna take her in to the shop under warranty and get it looked at. It appears water is dripping out from a small hole in the bottom of the blower motor behind the glove box. Aside from that though, great car!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just wanted to give a shout out to all the other Cobalt owners in here. Thanks for all the help. I'd joined and posted a thread to get some help looking for ideas on what to look for (i.e. problem areas) in a used 'Balt. Well, the one I had in mind turned out to be a bust, it smelled funny and had obviously been hit on the front. So... I bought a brand new 2009 yesterday! It's a silver LS with a 5 speed, and no options other than the floor mats and side trim, but then again, that's all I wanted.

I'm Navy down in Norfolk, VA, but I hail from Frederick, MD, and my girl lives in DC, so I'm constantly traveling up that way. I only have 250 miles on the car, and already am averaging 36mpg, which is what I am after. Additionally, this thing scoots with 155hp and the 5 speed! I am so happy with the car except one little detail...

I call her "The Wee" now because it was pouring rain in DC yesterday and I picked up my Girlfriend and took her for a ride in my new car, and I guess the 'Balt doesn't like my girlfriend (jealousy maybe?), because she pee'd on her leg! Thats right, my car took a wee on my girlfriends leg! I'm gonna take her in to the shop under warranty and get it looked at. It appears water is dripping out from a small hole in the bottom of the blower motor behind the glove box. Aside from that though, great car!

It's not the A/C unit leaking? I know you said it was raining, but it could have been on for some reason?
I only say that because I had an older Nissan Pathfinder and that happened too (to my wife...hmmmm...jealousy might be it).:eek:h:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.