Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 chevy cobalt 2.2 Ls, nothing extra special about it. I have called to dealerships, auto parts, looked in Amazon and ebay I keep getting the same answer, that its discontinued and they have them. My question is, for my cobalt the part is GM12584898 ACdelco 15-10575 I find for an 06 GM 12597172 looks the same in some diagrams but in others different. Does anyone know if another year will fit? I had the same issue with the motor mount, until I stumbled across a forum that showed that they no longer made the motor mount or the bracket but if you changed the bracket to the ones that they changed them to, it would fit along with the new style of motor mount. Am I in the same situation?

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is odd that there is no listing for the thermostat housing on the 2005, but is listed for 06-10 2.2/2.4 engines. I have no idea if they used a different part or not. I would think not. But I am never surprised at GM weirdness. Also not surprised the part was discontinued.

I’ve been finding that they will discontinue certain things after 8-10 years which is really ridiculous. I needed a steering wheel position sensor for a 2008 Silverado, it was discounted for 07-09 models and only used in those particular years. They still don’t have a replacement. Emailed GM and they couldn’t tell me much. Other than the patent was expired.

Anyways, you’ll probably have to take a look at the part on your car and compare it with the one listed for the 06-10.

I see the part you say is what’s listed for your 05 has the intermediate pipe attached. The one listed for the 06-10 is supposed to be separate. I’m guessing your housing is leaking otherwise you wouldn’t be replacing it. There’s another problem, the gasket doesn’t appear to be sold with the part. Looks like it would be part # 90537471, but don’t quote me on it. I would highly recommend getting a parts diagram and part numbers from the dealership. You don’t necessarily have to buy from them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have extra housings laying around I can sell cheap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts