Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here is my Vehicle Showoff page i bought the car from Chevy when i had 26k miles on it and now its got 40k.

2006 Chevy Cobalt LT/RS

Mods:
EXTERIOR

painted mirrors
Painted Headlights
Tinted taillights
Stock LTZ Wheels painted
Shorty Antena
painted badges
new RS badges

INTERIOR

Trim painted
new speakers

ENGINE

2.2 Ecotec L61
Airbox Mod
2.5" catback exhaust

SUSPENSION

Stock

PICS: from when i got it to now. Enjoy

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
My white ebrake handle drives me nuts. How does that engine bay make ya feel?! Clean though!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lowering it is my next thing I'm doing. and i wash the engine bay every time i wash the car,and wash my car about once every two weeks. i like the way it came out, but when i get a CAI then the plastic cover is coming off and I'm painting the valve cover.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the color I'm using now is engine paint from autozone and the red rim is rustolium red paint and i clear coated them, they have been like that for at least a month now and i haven't seen any chips in the paint yet so it holding up rather well.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That condensation in the passenger headlight? if it is just take the headlight out and let it sit in the sun for a day, a hair dryer can work, but it needs to be hot for a few hours to really ensure ALL the moisture is out then run sealant around it again, mine kept leaking after I painted it lol.

The car looks really good though, I really like the ecotec sticker, sorta like the civic and the i-Vtec I actually like the RS badging, How did you get the Shifter off to paint it? I'm trying to paint my GF's shifter but I dont want to brake anything lol

Keep it up though! it'll look sweet dropped for sure!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya im getting some lowering spring soon. and you start the car then put the car in neutral and put the ebrake on then you twist the chrome piece thats under the shifter down and you'll see a little spot where you can unscrew a piece and the shifter should come off, oh and theres a white piece thats inside the shifter make sure that you remember how it goes back together.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Was it hard to paint them? And what kind of silicon did you use to reseal them? I just made this account, and this whole forum thing is confusing, any tips to navigate around here better?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
tint and drop! nice car.
what'd you use to paint your wheels? i did mine with just spray paint.
They help up during the summer but when it came to winter, ( in alaska )
they got all chipped, and i don't really want to dish out 200$ to get them powdercoated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for all the feedback. ya I'm still working on her, but money is tight right now and one of my friends has ss springs I'm gonna buy from him so i can get some more low. 1/2 isn't that bad a drop for 30$ lol. i got more pics coming also.

i painted my wheels with spray paint then when they dried i clear coated them.
and for the headlights i took it out again and tried to fix the leak, but sadly i don't know where its coming from.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Painted my valve cover.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.