Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home today and saw my little but heavy box on the step. (Rotors and breaks arrived) I got the front rotoes and breaks on and well be doing the rear rotors and breaks tommrow after work. They seam to b working great so far! Any1 wanna buy cross drilled/slotted rotors wth breaks let me no and ill send u the link. I got em off ebay but they had 100% wth several 100 people leaving good feedback.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
how much did they cost you?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only like 189.00 came wth all the Breaks and rotors. Everything fit perfict and seams to be a good quality. They r v1 specs

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
thats not bad at all. how do they seem vs stock?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
hmm no international shipping... damn. only need the fronts anyways though

·
Registered
450 Posts
thats an awesome deal considering the best price we can get for the 4 lugs is like $89 and that's without pads

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's bc I got a ss sc. I need all 4. Lol for ur car u would have to type n ur info and c what it cost 4 2 rotors and breaks lol should b cheeper

·
Registered
240 Posts
Where are these parts manufactured? I am going to guess China.

They have only a 90 day warranty on cracking, (and you pay the shipping there and back), which just to let you know is common problem with drilled brake rotors.

You wont receive any better braking power except at the absolute limit, as in going road racing.

There is no listed warranty on the brake pads at all. Doesn't state if they are semi-metallic, organic, ceramic or what have you.

There is a 15% restocking fee on all returns and the customers pays for shipping on a return. Not so with a local auto parts store.

Also can't seem to find a company web site to get more information. Just a suite number to some place in California. Seems very back door and shady.

You asked for opinions/advice and so looking at the big picture, this doesn't seem like a very good deal.

well i only got the front put on today cuz i ran outa time and im doing the back tommrow after work. ill post pic after im done, so far there doing great. it seams to b quicker wth stoping but i wont no yet cuz i waiting for them to break n b4 i got 150 lol

here is the url let me no what u think

CHEVY COBALT SS 2.0L 2.4L 5 Lug 05 06 ROTORS PADS F&R:eBay Motors (item 190316264759 end time Sep-19-09 23:44:13 PDT)

·
Registered
240 Posts
$200 worth of brake parts, just sitting outside on a step, waiting for someone to steal them? :shock:

Got home today and saw my little but heavy box on the step. (Rotors and breaks arrived) I got the front rotoes and breaks on and well be doing the rear rotors and breaks tommrow after work. They seam to b working great so far! Any1 wanna buy cross drilled/slotted rotors wth breaks let me no and ill send u the link. I got em off ebay but they had 100% wth several 100 people leaving good feedback.

·
Registered
240 Posts
thats not bad at all. how do they seem vs stock?
Just for comparison purpsoses, I went to --> Advance Auto Parts and looked up the prices they have.

Four rotors, (with a 2 year warranty vs a 90 day warranty), 2 sets of brake pads, (with a lifetime warranty vs no warranty), came to $217.94, vs. $189 for the same thing with a 90 day warranty on the brake rotors and no warranty on the brake pads. That's only a $28.94 difference. If the lifetime warranty ever has to be used, (likely if you keep the car), you don't have to pay for shipping at Advance Auto Parts either and you can get the parts the same day, vs having to wait.

Also, if the 90 day warranty brake rotors need warrantying during that time and you have to ship them back for replacement, (you have to pay for shipping, so there goes the $28.94 "savings"!), your car is out of action while you wait and wait. No such problem with buying a part from Advance Auto Parts or Auto Zone.

Auto Zone, had the same deal for $225.94 --> AutoZone.com | Vehicle Selection | Year

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
why would you only want 2 sets of pads?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ahhh. I thought you meant like one for the left one for the right. I might just go get some from napa cause i get insane deals there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.