Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
is there any way to reinforce the steering column to stop it from rattling? i am on my 3rd one and need another within 14k miles. thanx

·
Registered
1 Posts
question for people with the power steering issues. im past my bumper to bumper warranty, but i still have the 100k one, can i get this fixed under warranty? also, my car is lowered, will that be a problem when i take it in?
Yes, that was a recaled part so they have to replace it free of charge.

·
Registered
153 Posts

Tried to remove my antenna on my 2010 balt and snapped the base ...SOOO GAY
Driver weather stripping
and i blew out my slave cylinder at 50k

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Tried to remove my antenna on my 2010 balt and snapped the base ...SOOO GAY
Driver weather stripping
and i blew out my slave cylinder at 50k
that sucks about your slave cylinder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power Steering pump, I guess that part for 2005 to 2010 cobalt lts have been recalled. So if you have an issue with you rpower steering you should be able to bring it into any chevy or GM dealership and they will replace it.:sick:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my 2006 Cobalt used with 22,000 miles. It is a LS Coupe that is optioned up like an LT. MY insurance company classifies it as an LT for replacement purposesfrom the VIN.

As for items replaced under warranty: HVAC blower motor twice, Power steering recall, and front rotors turned. Recently I have replaced or repaired many items, far too many items to list here. I do have a question since GM replaced my blower, it needs to be replaced again(drat), do you think they did the repair in a fashion similar to the posts in our DIY Forum? If they did it mihjt make my replacement a bit easier,

dlxtele

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I bought my 2006 Cobalt used with 22,000 miles. It is a LS Coupe that is optioned up like an LT. MY insurance company classifies it as an LT for replacement purposesfrom the VIN.

As for items replaced under warranty: HVAC blower motor twice, Power steering recall, and front rotors turned. Recently I have replaced or repaired many items, far too many items to list here. I do have a question since GM replaced my blower, it needs to be replaced again(drat), do you think they did the repair in a fashion similar to the posts in our DIY Forum? If they did it mihjt make my replacement a bit easier,

dlxtele
I've never heard of a recall on the blower motor. Yes, if they replaced it, they had to cut the molded assembly to access the motor. If you look underneath, the motor cup should be held in by 6 (I believe) screws. Just remove the outer 3 on the ring. If it has been done already, anyone who owns a screwdriver can replace it in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not a recall just making lots of noise as Cobalt blowers seem to do. This makes my third or fourth replacement and this time the bearing is going out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep I'm with you too. On my 5 th column and they refuse to put in another one. Told me I had to wait for gm engineers to come look at it. Reall starting to get the run around on this issue. I've put 30k miles on my car in under a year so I drive a lot!

·
Registered
978 Posts
i fixed under warranty my power steering thing and 2 weeks later my balt was totaled which sucked.got a new one now tho

·
Registered
16 Posts
So far I've had a power steering motor replaced, they did new struts and shocks last year, new tires and something else last year to the fine tune of almost $1600.

As far as I know, I've had at least 2 power steering motors placed into the car so far and occasionally it still acts up. The mechanics told us when picking it up last year about a chain or belt getting ready to go out... This past week there's a noise coming from the front end when you're driving but goes away when idling or braking. I was also told that it's going to need new rotors placed on it soon...

The car is starting to become a money pit being that it's only 2.5 years old.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Hey ssscgirl

So sorry that you lost your old Cobalt but so glad that you loved it so much you decided to get another one. Let me know if you need me to look up your warranty information, your VIN, build sheet or anything else like that. Send me a private message and I can do that for you.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had power steering and fuel pump replaced under warranty. MPG went from 24 to almost 35 after having fuel pump changed.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Getting a free hood under warranty - outside entire front edge underneath of hood is rusted, with a small hole near front corner above headlight. Just made it under the wire.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was lucky. I had a ball joint replaced under warranty. SO FAR my car has been good. One ball joint, one link, 2 bushings and a steering shaft. All cheap parts, all easy to replace. I have 160,000km on it, so I'm happy so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
cyl head

at 88k a code kept showing up , I don't remember the # , it just said misfiring in cyl #1. dealer said they couldn't find anything . they charged me $100 and said good by. went back later and was told it needed a cylinder head . no charge. they also told me my front end needed work. I asked how much $ ?? struts,tie rod ends and other items totaling 1400.00. A month later I purchased 4 new tires and had a 4 wheel alignment at another place and asked how the front end was? I was told it was good. that was 70000 miles ago. I refuse to go to a dealer and let them change my ignition key , they say I won't loose my remote starter. screw them .. thanks for letting me vent.....

121 - 140 of 140 Posts