Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Nissan dealer today to look around and I found myself test driving a Nissan Rouge. What I wanna know is if anyone else has one what they experienced what they think about getting rid of my cobalt and if 5000 is a good enough trade in value. Mind you the cobalt needs a new rear bumber the scrape guard fixed and the roof has to be cut off and completely replaced, on an '07 Cobalt LT sedan auto. Oh and I can barely fit my car seat in the balt so it eliminates anyone riding in the front seat comfortably and I can barely fit the stroller in my trunk the opening sux. Dont know alot about the rouge but my wife loves the way it looks its not a big honkin suv which I like but it is all wheel drive which is a huge plus here in maryland. Anyways would like some feedback. Oh and I owe 8000 still.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya its not gonna be cheap to fix the balt. did they say 5k or is that what you're hoping for?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
52000 miles and I know for a fact its 5000 for the balt but im just trying to get some opinions and I may just have to live with the cobalt for a while, Its not like I hate the car I just rushed the decision to buy it and I could have found something that suited my needs better, also I didnt know my wife was preg. at the time. So life goes on and since the baby ive learned a LOT of patience thx for yalls input this site is awesome and even if I do get rid of the cobalt this site has been a TON of help on all sorts of stuff and if i do decide to get rid of it I have a zspec intake and a sway bar I will be selling.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I havnt seen anything I like yet Im a big fan of Japanese styling and ive owned several cars and the only ones that gave me trouble were american, not that anything is really made in america anymore i think the cobalt is mostly korean or it was at least Im not sure about now. Anyways its not lookin like i can afford it anyways thats for your input guys.

·
Registered
294 Posts
dude you should get a mazda 3 hatchback!!! or the speed 3 hatchback if your looking for room!!! lol..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What about the japanese cars that are manufactured in the states, the one I was lookin at didn't have a J in the vin. And the wife hates hatchbacks with a fiery passion that burns deep withing the pit of her soul. I dont know why.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
built in the states, yea, but the money goes back to their country. Really I do not care what someone buys, now a days every is crap or problematic. The Rogue/Rouge(however they spell it) is not all that big to began with, you could probably get something bigger for cheaper, especially if do not go new but slightly used.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The thing is we do not want bigger but cheaper is nice but as I said in an earlier post its just out of the cards. I could pick up a Yukon for a few thousand but in the end its not worth it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
im a big fan of gm certified cars. we got an 06 buick lacrosse cxl for my wife, 25k on it, half off orig sticker plus a 90k bumper to bumper warranty, love it...

·
Registered
79 Posts
The rougue is actually a pretty decent car. Not to big inside no but way more room than the cobalt.

I drove one for a week after my cobalt got hit. I don't know if the rental version was stripped down but the only issue I had with it was road noise, that said the one I drove had 30K on it and had been beat to hell (and then I beat it some more).

I'd rather have a rougue myself. But alas, I could afford the cobalt when I bought it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.