Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinking about buying a new hood

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  OBZ 
#1 ·
anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have it painted ?

#2 ·
I would guesstimate a couple hundred. Save your self the money and get a Carbon
Fiber one

#3 ·
carbon fiber ones still run like $600-$700, which is a crazy lot of money in my book

#4 ·
Are you looking at getting an aftermarket hood ?

#6 ·
I like the hood DAMAN has

#8 ·
I forget the name of it but i think its like the camaro style hood or somthing like that. It has the raised scoop and i believe it is functionable

#11 ·
Im gonna do the Grip Tuning side skirts w/ the G5 GT rear lip

#12 ·
i wanna get a new hood too, but i want a CF. but i honestly dont like the look of the carbon fiber...would it hurt it to get it painted?

#14 ·
just to throw it out there if you get a new hood most likly you will have your fenders blended to to match so calculate the cost of the hood and multiply by two and your in the neighborhood of a price... i work at a body shop and its not as easy as people think to throw new parts on and paint them... theyll probably charge you around 6 hrs labor give or take and then materials probably like a half pint or pint of paint, depending on the color could be anywhere from 40-150 bucks clear paper tape etc... . take in consideration a decent to good shop will charge in the neighborhood of 32-50 bucks an hour so its alot involved.... just something to think about... so you know what your getting instead of thinking oh 100 bucks paint my hood heh...good luck let me know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.