Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

which manufactuer program to go with...please explain.

• porsche

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • bmw

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • audi

• lexus or toyota....offered seperate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nissan

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • infiniti

• mercedes

• vw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so im thinking about going to college at 33. im thinking uti automotive and prob. one of the manufacturer programs. i know its a reputable school and all. but i was wondering if anyone on here has attended or has family that has. looking for first hand info. or just opinions thanks...
as for the poll im concerned with longevity. so which company do you think will thrive with the changing automotive trends. thanks again.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My cousin is ging, dont know much about it other then he likes it. He wasnt really the greatest student in highschool but he is interested in what hes learning so hes doing great.

·
Registered
618 Posts
my cousin went cost like 20-30k and he did the Benz program he made bank but its long work hours and dealerships are cutting back....

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats one of concerns. im affraid ill spend the money and get an education that will soon be out dated. thanks to the green movement. do you know if he had to choose a manufacturer program before he went. or take general auto and then go into one?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My cousin is ging, dont know much about it other then he likes it. He wasnt really the greatest student in highschool but he is interested in what hes learning so hes doing great.
thats one of the reasons im thinking of going. im 32 now and still dont know what i want to do when i grow up. lol. done construction for most of my life and not real fond of it. and the way things are nowdays im lucky to even have job right now. kinda scary.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
im not sure what togo in, but i do know for BMW, in order to work as a mechanic for bmw, you have to go away for 6 months to some place south the the states to be be trained. Souds shitty to me leaving for 6 months. I know thats for bmw, could be others too, not sure. My neighbor told me that who was looking to be an auto mechanic, he ons an autobody shop now though.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah im thinking i want to open my own business. so im kind of leaning towards audi. because as far as i know there is only one certified audi shop(dealer) in montana. and i want to go back there. believe it or not there are a lot of audis in mt. so if you need work and dont live around bozeman you have to have your car towed hundreds of miles. but im also liking the nissan program because you do infiniti too, and nissan always seems to be on the cutting edge of tech. at least ive got some time to figure it out. i have to wait for gf to finish school first and thats a lil while away. thanks again for your input!

·
Registered
610 Posts
this is crazy because i was just thinking about doing the same thing the other day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
if u are looking for job security ide go for one of the "common" dealer like nissan or yota but if u want to have fun go for the european; i used to work at a BMW mercedes, Land Rover, porsche, honda dealership and it was the best job i ever had cept for the 50 mile trip to their everyday; and the shirt and tie lol

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if u are looking for job security ide go for one of the "common" dealer like nissan or yota but if u want to have fun go for the european; i used to work at a BMW mercedes, Land Rover, porsche, honda dealership and it was the best job i ever had cept for the 50 mile trip to their everyday; and the shirt and tie lol
thanks man! thats the kind of feedback im looking for.

·
Registered
610 Posts
hey i like dressing up. shirt and tie is cool with me. i sound like a girl lol.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'd go Nissan b/c they make awesome cars! I'm sorry I don't have first hand info, but I'd go for a dealer that doesn't really have a bad rep and makes cars that are affordable for the people (just b/c so many of the expensive auto. is so low on jobs atm). I like bmws, but they're too complicated and it's $80 for frickin windshield wipers. I'd never buy one! Audi's are nice too though.... And VWs.... Haha.

·
Registered
610 Posts
o0o G35! haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.