Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any ZZP products, but heard from you guys and others words of mouth say nothing but good stuff. Since im not going to be racing my cobalt and just trying to improve a few ponies, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I wanted to go with their shorty header since my bad mab is being a pain with a exhaust leak. I seen that their flange is much much better than Bad Mab's for the gasket to seal a bit better. I was also considering their 2.5" catted downpipe with 400cell option (emissions friendly). I do have as of now the LSJ downpipe, but it feels like nothing was gained when I had the header with it. I know the shorty header is for low range increase on tq since the collector is >6" from the primaries. Plus bad mabs collectors are 1.75" when ZZP's are 1.5" (better for n/a). 1.75" is too big and it maybe losing velocity from diameter.

So you think its worth it to gain a few lbs tq and notice any low rpm range increase? I only DD it and almost never go past 2800 rpms.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have been thinking about giving Vince from Trifecta a shot for their price. I will also add a LE5 (2.4L) throttle body to it next month with the tune. That should help out a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Not entirely true, but you would need a tune to get the most out of it. And if you do plan on tuning, spend the extra $200 and get a wideband. Also, a 200 cell cat should flow a little better and since you'd likely delete the P0420, there really won't be a big emissions issue either. My $0.02

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
no need for a wideband, its not going to be racing involved, its a Slobalt after all, lol. Just want to get a nice tone from the exhaust and have some power available if I ever need it. I could always get it dyno tuned with the header/downpipe and throttle body installed. I think I can achieve 10-15 more ponies with those and the tune. Dunno what numbers will show, but want to achieve roughly 150 lbs tq to the wheels with the intake and catback already there.

At Uti school during Nascar Engines II course, we were able to dyno our personal vehicles and mine with the Bad mab header, intake, and catback, I hit 142HP and 141lbs tq. So 9 more is all I am looking for, I think that can easily be done with a better header/downpipe, tune, and bigger throttle body.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
A wideband isnt just for racing, you should know this by now.. You want the most of what you got out of that tune (regardless of your goals), get a wideband..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.