Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
thats the one i plan on getting eventually, just wanna do alil more engine work but i love that hood

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
imho it looks rice. I think the oem cf looks much better

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
There goes that word again :rolleyes: IMO only ricers really use the word rice.

But anyway. I'm thinking it's a little too aggressive of a hood. I know it's the cheapest cf hood out there but inwould spend a little more money on either the ss hood or oem style hood. That hood wouldnt look good on a base Balt with no body or lip kit

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Who has used the word rice? IMO that hood looks good, but also with cesar, and you need some body mods for that kit to work right. If you do not have any kind of kit or mods stick with OEM style.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Next week I should have my Invader2 CF hood by VIS, I like the looks of the one ur thinking of getting also. I don't have a lip kit or bodykit on my car but getting the hood anyways...on a side note...should I take the hood off for winter just to be safe? Gonna put it on as soon as I get it for acouple of weeks anyways, but would it be wiser to take it off before the snow starts flying?

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Next week I should have my Invader2 CF hood by VIS, I like the looks of the one ur thinking of getting also. I don't have a lip kit or bodykit on my car but getting the hood anyways...on a side note...should I take the hood off for winter just to be safe? Gonna put it on as soon as I get it for acouple of weeks anyways, but would it be wiser to take it off before the snow starts flying?
I would put it on the car and rock it till the snow starts flyin, because when you get it you are going to be excited to put it on. But I would take it off as soon as the salt or cinders hit the road, and then it will be chip free in the spring when you put it back on.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I just have to find a place to store it for the winter...getting it delivered to my work so that day its going on the car, can't effin wait...in spring my car should be close to being ready for car shows...seeing as how I have the only "modded" cobalt where I live, I should have the best one in the shows lol

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
I just have to find a place to store it for the winter...getting it delivered to my work so that day its going on the car, can't effin wait...in spring my car should be close to being ready for car shows...seeing as how I have the only "modded" cobalt where I live, I should have the best one in the shows lol
get a strong hook, put it into a stud in your bedroom wall and hang that hood from the hood latch.

CF bedroom wall art:blink1:

·
Registered
911 Posts
lol, I have a barn but it leaks, gonna see if I can store it at my uncles. I would store it at work but I don't trust the guys with a $800 hood.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i think that would look really nice on your car. i was gonna get a cf hood for my cobalt but i dont really want to spend all that money to find out it doesn't fit.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Does an OEM style (not necessarily look) fit hood need the hood pins? I know the race CF hoods need them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
yeah get a body kit first its not gonna look good especially with out rims. and if ur gonna spend that muuch money might as well get the coolest one out there and not the cheapest one like the other guy said. if ur spending 5 or 6 hundred whats the extra hundred to the price to get one of the better lookin ones

·
Registered
911 Posts
Does an OEM style (not necessarily look) fit hood need the hood pins? I know the race CF hoods need them.
I'm not sure to be honest with u, says it uses the factory latches..ask twistedbalt, he has one (same one I'm getting)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.