Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last few months I have been checking out the differences between the cobalt ss turbo and the hhr ss turbo... and seeing as this april (If all goes right) or june I could trade ol' blue in for an ss... problem is I like both... anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me? The reason is I have been thinking about doing some modifications to ol' blue, however it would be easier to start with an already turbo'd motor and would cost the same... I would prefer to buy an ss sedan but those are hard to find... because they didn't make that many of them... I also like the fact that the HHR SS is a hatchback and that is a gigantic plus in my mind, alot more versatile

Thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My personal opinion is I'd go with the SS turbo'd cobalt. I love the look of those, plus the wheels they come with ;) but at the same time like you said the sedan is hard to find. but me personally, being a snowboarder. all I need is something that i can throw a roofrack in and a few friends, with bags in the back so both work. depending on what you want to carry, you can always get a thule basket for the roof. given if your closer to starting a family, or do road trips with friends, or anything along those lines I'd get the HHR ss and be more unique with mods on that. (personally havent seen 1 modded HHR here where I live.) but the main reason I'd go with the SS turbo'd balt is because Here, we are surrounded by mustang owners and neon owners that beak us, and given that I drive a 2006 LT I can't really do much to shut them out, (except the fact that I have Halos and LED taillights, I look fancier then them in the dark.) We have 2 guys in the community that shut half of them up on the track with their balts. (both turbo'd.)

Thats my opinion. I'd go SS turbo Balt.

·
Read Only
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see i love what the turbo 'balts can do... even in 2014 been seeing alot of people underestimate them... saw a video of one smoking a focus st... and a few others... it is a toss up because the turbo hhr's are underestimated as well... i cant decide... lol

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Its one or the other. I would go the the SS. I almost bought one but I dont feel like driving like 600 miles to get one so I decided to keep my car and continue modding it. It may not be fast but at least it looks good and has ok power.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
see i love what the turbo 'balts can do... even in 2014 been seeing alot of people underestimate them... saw a video of one smoking a focus st... and a few others... it is a toss up because the turbo hhr's are underestimated as well... i cant decide... lol
The lnf still beats out lots of newer cars. And they are easy to make a lot of power. I would say it's more of a preference of which body style you like. The hhr is like a super sleeper.. I just love the look of the balts with the ss kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.