Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new Summit White XFE coupe, and am a little worried about door dings. If I wanted to add the side moldings, where could I get a set for a reasonable price? Any ideas? Thinking about adding power locks too. Anybody with thoughts on the difficulty level want to chime in? Do you think the white side mirror covers look better than the black?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I wouldnt add the side molding but that's just me. Chances are you can find them pretty cheap from someone whose removed theirs.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I wouldnt add the side molding but that's just me. Chances are you can find them pretty cheap from someone whose removed theirs.
x2... I still have my moldings, not sure why, but i do, lol... but they're not white, hahaha... and the mirror caps are all a personal pref. you could buy them from ebay, dealership, or paint them urself, or leave black, lol...

·
Registered
547 Posts
IMO, the Cobalts look better without them. I am glad mine did not come with them.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
you should post a wanted add in the sale/trade section. you can probably get some side moldings for cheap or free. installing them should not be hard either. just clean them good if they are used and use two sided 3m tape. use plenty... as for the power windows i know there are some cheap universal kits on ebay but im not sure how you would go about getting oem power windows installed. and as far as the mirrors go i think it looks better the same color as the car, but you gotta do what you like.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
lol i have gotten door dings plenty of times, and never once have those moldings got hit. In my opinion they dont do anything. They will maybe protect against 2% of door dings. And Also they're painted very crappily, after about 2 years they will start to peel.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Dont get the moldings!
Most people make it a point to take those ugly things off. Like me :)
...and me! ...finally! haha
like the other person said up there, i'm pretty sure they dont do much...my car has one ding and those moldings did absolutely nothing...

as for the mirror covers, personal pref i guess. i think it would look really good the color of your car, but in the end, it's all up to you

and i think that power windows are just time consuming, if you know what you're doing...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Don't add them, I had them on my silver cobalt, and after a couple of years they started to rust look to them. They don't function really well as molds too, if you get them from the dealer because of where they place them, but that's just IMO.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I would also say to not put them on. I think it takes away from the look of the car and like everyone else has said they don't really offer much protection. You better off just parking away from everyone else like I do. The mirror covers on the other hand, I would get. You will be surprised at how much better they can make the car look and they are not very expensive. I think i got mine at the dealership for around $20 to $30 for the set

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice, folks. Maybe I'll think a while on the molding, but check with the dealer for the mirror covers. So far I removed the rear headrests, got a nice chrome tip for the exhaust, sprayed the interior with Scotchguard, and applied a paint sealant. They tried to charge me $479 at the dealer for their "protection package!" Need tint for the windows, too.
Thanks for the offer for the side strips 13bracer!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i like mine it kind of breaks up the body lol but then again mine vic red and i asked the dealer to add power windows when i bought it they wanted to charge me a ton o cash for it...... mirror i like em but im just gonna paint my whole mirror..... btw 13bracer where did u get ur rims i likes em

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.