·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nuts:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I remember when i painted mine. :nuts: Makes your engine bay look so much better. But anyway looks great!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
oh my. wow. did you polish that bad boy yourself? or buy it that way? I will be powdercaoting mine eventually .

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found it on the net.....but I had to post it for u guys to see! Mines still on back order from CED. I ordered a new one.....the one on the car now is really corroded and pitted for some reason.....

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, it would look really shitty it were to be polished, prolly look like aluminum acne! haha

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
hahaahaaaa

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

btw I hope it is clear coated or it will be a super major butt pain to keep looking nice. especially in the winter

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
hahaahaaaa

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

btw I hope it is clear coated or it will be a super major butt pain to keep looking nice. especially in the winter
So true, mine peeled and I had to redo it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
that is hawt. almost looks like black chrome

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I just found it on the net.....but I had to post it for u guys to see! Mines still on back order from CED. I ordered a new one.....the one on the car now is really corroded and pitted for some reason.....
THat is what happens when aluminum is exposed to water and all those nasty chemicals used to remove ice and snow from the roads. That is why aircraft are washed and then thoroughly checked and lubed so much.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I need to do this to my valvecover...

·
Registered
439 Posts
What's the absoulte best paint to use for this? I mean no chipping at all when it gets real hot..
I want mine to be black or JDM purle or candy purple but can't never find that stuff in a can

Also will I need any other things when I take it off, Like gaskets or anything?

·
Registered
680 Posts
That is beautiful...
I may need to paint mine soon...or at least clean it XD

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
i plan on buying one from ebay or a slavage yard and powdercoating and selling the old one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What's the absoulte best paint to use for this? I mean no chipping at all when it gets real hot..
I want mine to be black or JDM purle or candy purple but can't never find that stuff in a can

Also will I need any other things when I take it off, Like gaskets or anything?
If durability, longevity, and appearance are important to you, then powder coat it. A little more expensive ($30-50), but you will thank yourself for doing it right the first time. If you insist on painting it, and want it to look/last like a powder coat, then you're going to spend some hours prepping, painting, clear coating.

Powder coating is faster, guaranteed to look perfect, and will virtually outlast the car. Paint requires a lot more effort for the same results, but is cheaper. Some people don't have the time for paint, but have the money for powder coat. Some are opposite, and some just enjoy the satisfaction of doing it themselves. Depends on which of those best fit your money/priorities...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.