Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, my name is Nick. I don't quite have a Cobalt yet, I'm getting it monday but I thought I would jump the gun since I am excited about it. Although I am not getting that pretty yellow 2010 SS I want, I do get a certified preowned 06 coupe.(thanks credit). The reason I chose to buy a Cobalt is simple. I drove a good friend of mine's Cobalt sedan and really liked it, I just like the coupe better. Since just about everybody I know says the Cobalt is gay(not sure how a car can be gay though) I decided to hit the internet, so here I am. Just a bit of background on me. I had my cdl's and drove an 18 wheeler over the road for 3 years and my truck had roughly 1300 ft lbs of torque more than a Cobalt. I have a "effin badass" Grand Cherokee 5.2 that I love but I desperatly needed something that gets better than 10mpg city and 12mpg highway. I have always been a huge 3rd gen Integra fan but everything changed the day I drove my friends Cobalt.
The transition from plush leather and power everything I could imagine to cloth seats, crank windows and manual locks will be tough, but I think I can cope.
So needless to say, I surfed the forums here for a bit and decided I think I will enjoy my stay and I definately will love my Cobalt.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Welcome!! you chose a great forum!! I have a base model XFE with manual windows, cloth and all that and I like it. I used to have power windows and stuff and I got sick of spending money on fixing all that crap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pittsburgh again!!!!!!!!! You can't be serious ahhhhhh
I'm surprised at the replies already. I hope I can become... well not valuable since I don't know anything yet, but serious member lol.

I'm 45 minutes southwest of pittsburgh. Should I have said 2 hours east of columbus, or 3 hours south east of cleveland? lol I hate where I live with a passion so I figure less than an hour from pittsburgh makes it sound less hillbilly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL that's great. So have you looked into attending any meets? I know the pitt guys have a few
I saw the postings for it, I think it would be cool but since I don't know anybody it might be weird(maybe I am weird lol) and with school and work I don't know how my schedule would be. Plus as much stuff as I want to do, I don't know how much I will actually get done.(I have a feeling I would show up totally stock looking like a dork lol)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome to YC, dont worry about going to meets all stock, got plenty of people that do it down here, (me for one lol)at least for ideas and a mindset in what they wanna do with their ride

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to yc

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah...
Coupes FTW!!!

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Pittsburgh Ecotecs PWNS YC....hahaha

My names Mike, and check my signature for everything and anything Pittsburgh. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess it is good to see so many people from Pittsburgh lol I guess I am going to have to go to one of these meets.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.