Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a fund raiser tonight in which I had to speak at and that went well. As soon as my speech was over I was hitting the open bar to calm my nerves a little. BTW I apparently did well because I had a US Congressman say "have you ever considered becoming a speech writer." :) Anyway, I'd had a few to drink so my girl drove home. Meanwhile I'm on the phone trying to set up a meeting for tomorrow so of course I'm not paying attention. After I hang up she says "your car is driving weird." I ask what she means and she has doesn't know and decides it's probably just different then hers. Then I hear knocking. I'm thinking oh crap! I tell her to slow down and the knocking slows down. By this time we are turning on my street and I realize I have a flat tire. I ask how long it had "been driving weird" and she says since we left the fund raiser. DOAH!!!!!!!! So we drove 10 miles on a flat tire and I'm sure it's ruined now but it's too damn cold to look at it tonight. It's -2 degrees.

I'm wondering if the rim is bent too? What do you guys think? I mean it's flat! Definitely unseated from the rim.

So......... I'm thinking if I have to buy a new P zero (200 bucks) and a new rim (who knows how much) I might as well just get new rims and tires all around. What do you think guys think?

S

·
0 Posts
take a look at it in the daylight... then you'll know for sure.

also... front or rear?

·
Registered
126 Posts
10 miles on a flat tire... would definately have the rim checked out before putting a new tire on it. do you have stock rims on or aftermarket? either way it would be cheaper to just get the new tire and rim rather then a whole new set of tires and rims IMO

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10 miles on a flat tire... would definately have the rim checked out before putting a new tire on it. do you have stock rims on or aftermarket? either way it would be cheaper to just get the new tire and rim rather then a whole new set of tires and rims IMO
Thankfully it's my stock rim.

take a look at it in the daylight... then you'll know for sure.

also... front or rear?
front passanger side.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well the chrome 17" at the dealer full price is 750$, I'd say if you were thinking of a rim upgrade you should do it now.

kickasscobaltss added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Of course you won't pay that much or your retarded lol

S

·
0 Posts
front?

man... no offense but your GF must be a really bad driver... a flat on the front of a FWD vehicle should be like a slap to the face...

S

·
0 Posts
that's luck for ya man...

maybe it was a slow leak and didn't go all the way flat till you were close to home...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think you better post up pics of said girlfriend, lol
I will post them up this summer. I FINALLY have talked her into posing with my car, but we are waiting until it's warmer. So I'm not going to post up pics now because she'd get pissy about it. lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ya i had that problem to on my old car....got a flat,the rim was bent really bad and i took it in and the guy tried to make it straight as possible but it was never perfectly straight. Afterwards felt a lot of wobble and didn't feel good

·
Registered
768 Posts
^^^^lol. don't bend it back! just get a new one. you can't be messing with something like that. Your rims and tires are on thing you don't want to fail.

If the bead is still set then you may have a chance...if not then it's VERY possible that it's either bent or is to scratched up to seal again, if that's the case you could clean the rim up but that falls into the above comment category. I say if it looks good have them balance just the rim and see how it looks if it looks good then go with it, if it's off a considerable amont then just scrap it. But I shouldn't have to tell you that... good luck man.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just pulled the tired and rim off today and it's pretty toast. The tire is totally useless and the lip of the rim is bent bad. I don't think you could even get something to seat on it. I found a nail in the tire so that's why it went flat in the first place. I don't know if I'm going to just get a new rim and tire or say screw it and get a new set.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know if I will get new rims. I actually have a new stock rim that I haven't used that I got from the accident I had. The other persons insurance paid for it all so I really broke it off in their ass. :) My tires are fairly worn though so...... I don't know. I may just get four new tires rather then dropping 1500$ on rims and tires, I could just drop 5 or 6 hundred on tires. I have all weekend to think about it, and take suggestions from you all. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
post a pic of your car and the rims you like and we can chop it up...give you a beter idea of what it would look like

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.