Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm not really complaining, as much as I am Venting.

But, I'm a 17 year old kid with no job, but I love my Cobalt. It's my first car.
Unfortunately, a lot of people don't like it for the fact that it is an auto and a bunch of other reasons.
I would love a manual, but eh, it's my first car. I'm thankful I even have one xD

But, me being me with a few of my good friends thought it would be alright for me to spray paint my hub caps chalkboard black. Which, it doesn't look too bad, but that's all I can afford. Rims are out of the question.
They're moments that I wish I didn't do it, and others I'm glad I did, because I personally think it's just as, if not better, then running steelies.

But now, for Christmas, I may be getting Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs with a camber kit.

I've always been a guy who doesn't really listen to what everyone thinks about the stuff I like. It's just getting on my nerves now.

But, man, so many kids talk trash about my car. I take pride in it though. It's my car.
I've done so many things with that car. Crazy drives, tickets, of course, I've done some stupid stuff I regret in it.

But (Wow, I've used "But" a LOT XD) it seems very few people get that.

Has anyone ever had that problem before, people just talking trash about your 'balt? At least when you first got it?

(Okay, yeah, I'm complaining xD)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
My first car was a white 62 Chevrolet Caprice Classic with bubble back window similar to this one that I paid 25$ for and 25$ for a donor car to fix it. My friends laughed at me for a while then they all wanted a drive in it when it was all finished. Sold it a year and a half later for 600$ back in 73.

Not everybody has a rich dad to buy them a beamer. Keep your car clean and walk tall, jealousy will make people say stupid things. ''You can fix your car but you just can't fix stupid''.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not everybody has a rich dad to buy them a beamer. Keep your car clean and walk tall, jealousy will make people say stupid things. ''You can fix your car but you just can't fix stupid''.
I try to keep it as clean as I can. Unfortunately, I was rear ended by a Hummer, and rubbed up against a tree. Both repairs would cost me well over 1k. We can't afford that. xD Maybe when I get a job. I was thinking about just buying a 240sx but..A nice Cobalt is very unique. I decided to stick with it. And, not every car model has a great community to talk to!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Didn't the Hummer guy have insurance?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't the Hummer guy have insurance?

Yes. But, they're only like, 4 tiny tiny dents in my back bumper. When ever he hit, I just though my bumper was going to be hanging xD But it wasn't..
and I'm too damn nice, so I just said forget it.

I could post some pictures up tomorrow to show you what I mean.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If the guy drives a hummer and can afford to put gas in it he can afford to fix your car. 1000$ is just 4 tankfull or one of his tires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the guy drives a hummer and can afford to put gas in it he can afford to fix your car. 1000$ is just 4 tankfull or one of his tires.
Lol. I should of..but it's been months now. It happened before the summer. What I really want to fix is the stupid scrape I have on my passenger side. It's really low, luckily. Still 1k+ to fix though. That will be the FIRST thing I buy once I get another job.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can probably find a shop that will do it for less. Shop around. Sometimes trade schools need vehicles to practice their body shop trade. They might do the work 3 times to get it right but it will be right when you get it. The teacher will see to that even if he has to paint it himself. I had my 62 and 71 chevs painted this way and only paid for paint.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I know how you feel. I'm 17, everyone I know had mommy and daddy buy them an ls1 car, srt4, 4.6 car blah blah. I drive an automatic 2.2 as well. I received tint for christmas then this might sound dumb but all i do is sell my personal stuff and scrap to get money. I now have an alright list of mods done w/o having a job and w/o having to say mom and dad payed for it. No one really rags on me because I go to a Christian School and nobody knows what theyre talking about. And I'm also pretty big too so no one really says anything lol. But don't listen to these kids, do what you want to do and remember you cant always get what you want. Give it time, I've had my car since the end of 09 and I've used all of my money on it. You'll be fine dont let the small things in life bother you.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i remember back when i was 17 with the balt (currently 19).. things will work themselves out.. i bought freaking 100% of all my shit for the balt including the car, insurance, gas and there are always the dumb spoiled brats that have something better... but whatev's haters gonna hate.. lol im happy where im at now (other than that fact im in winter mode now, steelies ftl haha)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i remember back when i was 17 with the balt (currently 19).. things will work themselves out.. i bought freaking 100% of all my shit for the balt including the car, insurance, gas and there are always the dumb spoiled brats that have something better... but whatev's haters gonna hate.. lol im happy where im at now (other than that fact im in winter mode now, steelies ftl haha)
Well, I'm signing up for the Corps next year, so they can keep talking all the trash they want xD. At least I'm doing something with my life.

Still though, It's something I've never got used to. I still love driving my car, and everything about it, though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
yea i know how u feel this is my first car too and so far all i did was paint the front and back bowties but yet everyone else is like u shouldve did this and that after a while im like f it i just dont car wat ppl think just do u

·
Registered
231 Posts
i remember the first day i showed up at work with my bowties painted this old dude at work (driving a pos suzuki that was literally falling apart btw) takes one look and says "you just ruined that car"
and every time he'd see it he would start up about how i should've left it stock and didn't understand why anyone would do that and i was just like "because...racecar"

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did he have big hairy dices hanging from his rear view mirror with the pinup airfreshner and a racoon tail on his antenna????

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
My first car was a 93 Buick LeSabre, everyone called me grandpa. I worked my ass off and bought a riviera motor (supercharged if you dont know the car) and spent a month installing it. After some hick ups and suspension add ons people didn't know what to think when their daddys mustang was stomped by grandpas car! Keep your goals in mind and dont let any one tell you otherwise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, THIS is what the hummer did.

Here is the scrape/dent

And the car from a good angle (I guess? xD)

bad news though..I just looked around the car, and either people have been keying it, or they have been sitting on it in their jeans because just perfect little scratches against both sides of the car Not in the same exact corresponding sides though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
one thing man there will always be haters everywhere you go people sayin o you should do this and you should do that every time someone says that im just like bitch im not making your car im making mine now stfu doesn't matter if they are driving a Porsche or a Yugo people will always hate no matter what you do to your car if you keep it bone stock or throw about 10 grand on it...its just never enough to some people out there so man just don't let them get to you and just remember its your car not theirs

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I like to remember these haters, because you know the next time they are going to have an other negative comment. What you have to do is beat them to the punch and make them take a step back. If this is not your style and don't want to stoop to their level then you have to let these comments bounce right off your skin. Remember every minute spent miserable is a happy minute lost for ever.Be happy it's contageous

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.