Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Pull really hard. They are stubborn at first, but once they are out, you can bend them to come off easier

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeah just pull harder, they wont break, just make sure you pull straight or else youll bend the clips.

If you want to be reallllllly overly carful you can get a flat screwdriver and slowly take the trim off by hoding down the metal clip and pulling one end at a time. But you might not be done till christmas.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Get a trim removal tool from Eastwood or somewhere like that for 12$ and it will make your life a million times easier.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Get a trim removal tool from Eastwood or somewhere like that for 12$ and it will make your life a million times easier.
agreed, i went to harbor frieght and got a set for 5 bucks.
Nothing little muscle, a flat head, and a pair of needlenose pliers cant do

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
man your all nuts

put your fingers where the connectors are and give a quick but firm tug.. you wont break shit. and if you do... stop taking apart your car...
that's all i did, lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nothing little muscle, a flat head, and a pair of needlenose pliers cant do
yeah well I can take all the trim pieces out in less then 1 minute. How about you guys with your muscle? lol Plus I have no chance of scratching them since I use the appropriate tool.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
yeah well I can take all the trim pieces out in less then 1 minute. How about you guys with your muscle? lol Plus I have no chance of scratching them since I use the appropriate tool.
i had all mine out without tools in a minute, but that's because i know what i'm doing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.