Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to my previous issue: http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/problems-service/24776-help-please-my-balt-keeps-stalling-out-me.html

To try to stop the stalling issue, I had my husband clean out the MAF sensor as "DroppedAtBirth" suggested. I haven't had any stalling problems since (almost a week now)....

BUT, I have a new issue!! Sometimes, when I pull up to a stop sign or light, my car begins to shake. Not just a little vibration, I'm talking the whole car shakes (front to rear, not up and down). It's happened 2 times since my husband cleaned my MAF sensor. (And yes, he cleaned it properly and without touching anything.) Yesterday when it did it, I threw my car into neutral until I was ready to go again. It stopped the shaking, and at the next stoplight I hit, it didn't shake at all.

Any ideas? There is no check engine light (at least not yet)....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow...I'm shocked...No possible ideas yet guys? LOL.

Update: My hubby spoke to our mechanic the other day. He said that from the sounds of things, my computer is going to crap. :-( Something tells me that I didn't need that new throttle body (or MAF cleaner) afterall....LOL.

My mechanic said it wasn't something I needed to get done NOW, as long as it wasn't too much of an issue for me to stick it in neutral when I'm stopped at a light. (It's not.) I only put about 12-15 miles on the car a day, so my hubby and I decided that I'll keep driving it as it is, hoping that it'll throw a check engine light while I save up money for a new computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.