Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
personally i love the way the SS wing looks, and im thinking about getting one for my LS, what are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Personally, I don't much care for it. It's a flashy attention grabber and that just doesn't jive with my philosophy. It also impedes rear visibility so I hear.

When it comes to modding, my school of thought is if it doesn't make you go faster, turn better or stop sooner, it just isn't worth buying. But I'm a minority thinker when it comes to aftermarket stuff so it's better you get a few more opinions.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Im putting an ss wing on my LT. I would definitely have your car lowered if not already because with stock suspension and an ss wing it looks completely dumb. will post pics in a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Only if you drop the balt and go with the ss kit(skirts, bumpers) than ok. But I have seen it a lot here and its nasty on anything less than a real ss or clone. I had one on my Cobalt LS for a week and hated it. I only had it because a guy with an SS wanted wingless and we traded in agreement with a 3rd guy that I would swap with him for his low rise because he wanted the high rise but had to wait for him to be free to swap.

I liked it on my SS, I had many tell me to go wingless but I liked it and it was nice when people would get in that spot behind you at night where you'd normally get blinded by their lights and it blocked that.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I like my wingless, and I wouldn't put the highrise on the base unless you have the SS body too.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I like the wing looks... I have one on my ls. I am lowered, no ss ground effects, but I get people tell me they like it all the time. There have been a few people that preach wingless that said it looked good because of the color of the car.... All in all its really up to you.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
I don't suppose it'll fit on a sedan would it? I wouldn't mind having something back there to block out those kids and their fancy search lights lol
I't does fit in sedans, and might I add that it looks really sexy on a sedan!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
So you gave up on the NA build Plain Jane?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would not be a huge fan of it. It's pretty popular where I'm from to do that and not anything else to the car. so it looks pretty ridiculous. the sad part is mine is a true ss and has the low rise and these people look at me like I'm the douche lol
But, In the end its YOUR car so its all in what you like.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.