Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Taking off the trim is a pain (at least it was for me!) But in the end it was worth it! If you've never painted anything like trim I recommend doing the pieces one at a time. I did all mine at once and had to re-do most of them :embarrest:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im scared to do this, im decently happy with the trim already...sort of but there are some thing i can see that would look way better. I think imma start with the small parts cause if i mess those up...its a small part...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sounds like a good plan, lol. Nice thing about paint is if you screw up you can sand it down and re-paint. And if worse comes to worse you can just get another trim piece :amuse: Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the help i got a really go painting idea now, gunna try both ways, so with krylon you just have to spray that stuff on and wahlah? I just dabadged today so my fingers and hands hurt enough haha. gunna wait a week or 2, then start working on it, ill put some pics up when im all done

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I dunno, I used regular krylon not the 'fusion' stuff. So I sanded, primed, & painted. I would just follow the directions on the back of the can. Just make sure you clean the trim off really good so the paint sticks. Can't wait to see some pics!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I should do this too lol =)
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
^ yup, no kits. paint.

I used GM paint to body-match mine... before, I always used dupli-color stuff & NEVER had an issue... Ive even used metal-cast. (Hey, never know how things r gonna turn out unless you try, right? My dash trim has been 2 colors already & my other accent trim has been like... 3-4 already... haha)
take trim off
clean
primer
paint
dryyyyyyy
wet-sand
clear
done
:laugh:
But it really depends on what route you wanna take, do you want glossy? Matte? Satin? Mine is really glossy & metallic, but before it was kinda satin metallic (i used a different blue before too)
but yeah, IMO, a kit is never the way to go

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yea I have the trim kit and I'm not really satisfied with it to be honest, plus they're very pricey. Good thing the ex paid for it =] But yea go with paint. It's what I'll do eventually.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im kinda wanting to keep this white color going on, there are just same places where id like it...not enough white in the interior for me...

this has been bothering me how its like a tan color to black interior on doors and etc.

idk i wanna keep that white trim across...get the bottom glove compartment white...and the secret compartment white...my gauges white...idk what u guys think so far?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Im kinda wanting to keep this white color going on, there are just same places where id like it...not enough white in the interior for me...

this has been bothering me how its like a tan color to black interior on doors and etc.

idk i wanna keep that white trim across...get the bottom glove compartment white...and the secret compartment white...my gauges white...idk what u guys think so far?
I love the white gauges they make for our cars! Anywho, as far as your painting scheme, just look in the Post Your Interior thread to get some ideas http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/interior-exterior-styling/9892-post-your-interior.html. A lot of good stuff in there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.