Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through most of the GM online parts outlets (including CED), they have listed in the GM Accessory/Parts section what appears to be 3 different spoilers for the Sedan and Coupe. All can be ordered primed or in most popular colors.
They are described as 1) HIGH PROFILE (which looks like the stock SS/SC), 2) LOW PROFILE, (which looks like the stock SS or LT coupe/sedan) and 3) NEW DESIGN, which I have never seen before, for both the sedan and coupe.
Has anyone purchased/installed this "NEW DESIGN" GM spoiler? Any pics? How do you like it?

Thanks!!!!

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
hmmmm i would like to see this as well.. is this for the 08?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's all.....

I think all will fit all years. When you order them they want to know color (naturally) and if it's a Coupe or Sedan. Just says NEW..

GTO 1

·
Registered
750 Posts
The new spoiler design looks kind of like the scion tc spoiler. It has been out for a while. I'll try and find a pic. If I find one I'll post it up

EDIT: I found a pic but its not the greatest of angles and is of the spoiler itself and not mounted on a car.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hhmmm doesn't actually look half bad...

·
Registered
750 Posts
well i found another pic of it actually installed on a white car. Here is that pic

As far as price is concerned the site that I found the image on charges $214.45 shipped for a non painted one and $304.45 shipped for a painted one.

Also in my searching I came across this new spoiler as well It runs $227.50+ shipping for a painted one and $192.50+ shipping for a primed one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the one on the white car. I was going to go back to the dealer to get the SS/Sc wing but i think i like this one better.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
well i found another pic of it actually installed on a white car. Here is that pic

As far as price is concerned the site that I found the image on charges $214.45 shipped for a non painted one and $304.45 shipped for a painted one.
that looks like a spoiler off a neon, no offense, just a little bigger side to it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

oh i've seen that one i was looking into it

·
Registered
52 Posts
but what about the antena would it fit with the antena

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if.....

I wonder if the NEW DESIGN is a direct bolt on if you already have the standard factory low profile spoiler??

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
it is a direct bolt on, they wouldnt come out with a new design factory fin, and make ya drill holes in your deck lid for it

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So.....

Will the SS/SC High Profile factory spoiler directly interchange with the low profile factory spoiler on the Sedan? No new holes, bolt off, bolt on?

GTO 1

·
Registered
139 Posts
looking at the photos and comparing them to mine, it looks like it is the same height as the SS and bolts on to the deck at the same place. I'd call GM parts and get the dimensions but I'm not looking to change mine out any time soon.......

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i still like the high rise SS wing

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Will the SS/SC High Profile factory spoiler directly interchange with the low profile factory spoiler on the Sedan? No new holes, bolt off, bolt on?

GTO 1
I dont see why not, same deck lid for both cars......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.