Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm on another forum for my horsey hobby and they have a thread on there of falls and injuries they've accumulated. Some of them are pretty insane and others pretty damn funny.
I'm sure a lot of us on here have other hobbies (sheesh, even cars can give a beating on our bodies!) what are your thrills and spills? Then maybe if you meet up with a fellow member on here and they walk with a limp you'll know why! LOL :laugh:

I'll start (I've got a lot with all different sports but here's my worst):

I was kicked in my left knee by a *****y horse
I was trampled for the first time in my 15yrs of dealing with horses two years ago, the horse full on knocked me down and ran over me... no one was around... somehow I got up and was ok... I was just extremely pissed.
I had my 17,000lb horse freak out while standing in the isle slip, push me onto a bench suspending my knee and falling on it. This was my right so now I have two very bad knees.
A week later my young horse flipped out and bucked me off doing permenant damage to my back that doctors refuse to do a ****ing thing about. There's not a day that goes by I don't feel like my spine in one specific spot is going to lunge out of my back. Chiropractics work for maybe a day or two even if I go weekly.
A month after that the same horse got me off again and I am still (this was 2yrs ago) numb in my right ass cheek :laugh:

I have personally done a face plant into a snow drift cuz my ole reliable mare likes to trip over anything and you betcha... she tripped on a snowdrift.

LOL remind me again why I do this? I can laugh about them all now, sept for my back injury cuz that one could have been prevented but the culprit refuses to take fault.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Airborne School 1994... 3rd jump... Downdraft...

4 skull fractures
Left leg spun 360 degrees at the knee
total dislocation of left arm
dislocation of jaw
spinal compression
3 lost teeth

1 lost career...

·
Registered
821 Posts
sorry Will... Sounds like you need more PLF practice... AIRBORNE!

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I was kicked in my left knee by a *****y horse
I was trampled for the first time in my 15yrs of dealing with horses two years ago, the horse full on knocked me down and ran over me... no one was around... somehow I got up and was ok... I was just extremely pissed.
I had my 17,000lb horse freak out while standing in the isle slip, push me onto a bench suspending my knee and falling on it. This was my right so now I have two very bad knees.
A week later my young horse flipped out and bucked me off doing permenant damage to my back that doctors refuse to do a ****ing thing about. There's not a day that goes by I don't feel like my spine in one specific spot is going to lunge out of my back. Chiropractics work for maybe a day or two even if I go weekly.
A month after that the same horse got me off again and I am still (this was 2yrs ago) numb in my right ass cheek :laugh:

I have personally done a face plant into a snow drift cuz my ole reliable mare likes to trip over anything and you betcha... she tripped on a snowdrift.

LOL remind me again why I do this? I can laugh about them all now, sept for my back injury cuz that one could have been prevented but the culprit refuses to take fault.
You must really love horses. I think I would start shooting them after all that.

sorry Will... Sounds like you need more PLF practice... AIRBORNE!
I must admit they were not full of shit... Solid PLF saved my life. It was strange cause usually the atmosphere is very stable for jumping on the Sicily DZ. I guess nature can be a ***** sometimes. A downdraft can hammer you anytime it wants.

Yes, having complete all training I still got my wings. They brought them to me in the hospital. I thought it was a "we feel bad for you" thing, until I saw it on my DD214. I am proud, and would do it again, but being the 6th generation in my family to serve it was a hard loss.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
You must really love horses. I think I would start shooting them after all that.

I must admit they were not full of shit... Solid PLF saved my life. It was strange cause usually the atmosphere is very stable for jumping on the Sicily DZ. I guess nature can be a ***** sometimes. A downdraft can hammer you anytime it wants.

Yes, having complete all training I still got my wings. They brought them to me in the hospital. I thought it was a "we feel bad for you" thing, until I saw it on my DD214. I am proud, and would do it again, but being the 6th generation in my family to serve it was a hard loss.
damn man.. that sucks...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn will that sucks!

On a lighter note, I went skiing once with the my elementary school. Me and my best friend decided to "race" down the beginner but big hill to the chair lifts. I was far from a good skier. Oh we raced.... but she beat me... I got my revenge by being unable to stop and plowed through her and 4 other people in the chairlift line :laugh: Everyone ended up on their ass LOL

·
Registered
255 Posts
a few years back, i went snowboarding for the first time ever.. my best friend had gone a few times before so he was good at it. i got the hang of it pretty quick... that is untill he decides to take me up to the tallest black diamond hill...at dark....when it was foggy. lets just say my A** was cold and numb by the time i got to the bottom... i slid almost three quarters of the way down on my butt and he however, decided to keep going and proceed to grab some hot chocolate from the cafe and wait for me while he was in the nice warm building... i get down to the bottom and see him in the window laughing his a** off.. he's a reeaal McA******...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Age 7-8, coming down a 4-500ft mid grade hill (paved) at full speed on a bike, at the bottom there were was very fine gravel laid out with about 30ft from where the hill becomes flat and a chain link fence that protects a lake. I tried taking a turn doing 30-35 and lost it on the gravel and slid on my stomach/hands/face all the way into the fence :laugh:. Road rash all over, all clothes ripped to shreds and me looking like a bloody zombie.

Age 7-8 as well, racing bikes again, this time with my bro. He was behind of me, I look back to see where he is. I turn my head back and the sidewalk ends and I go headfirst into a 6-8ft tall iron fence. My head slides clean through in between 2 posts (thank god) and I didn't break my collar bone or somehow rip my ears off. It took about 20 mins to get my head out of that fence :laugh:. It was extremely tight.

Bikes again- 6 stitches on my left knee from hitting the worlds biggest pothole on an uphill race.
2 chipped front teeth from stunting and losing it falling and hitting my mouth on the bike frame.

Skiing- Kid cuts me off 5ft in front of a 10ft high jump and I land on my knees on bare ice, no fractures or breaks though- major bruising for weeks.

Thats the worst so far, no bone breaks or fractures so far- though I do believe I just fractured a finger a month ago since it still snaps hard when I put any pressure on it and hurts like a mofo :amazed:.

Will that sounds really ugly, thats too bad.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
driving - rear bumper, tail light, front lip, h/e pump, brake rotors and pads, end links, an entire black 06 cobalt ss/sc g85(totaled)

skateboarding - broken ankle, broken jaw, broken palm, broken heel, broken femur

hardcore shows way back when - broken thumb, broken nose, broken fingers, broken rib

I've broken a lot of shit.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Let see-

6- Car crash with my dad, fracture my orbital bone, break my nose, fractured jaw, 6 broken or knocked out teeth, 3 broken ribs, two blown out knees, broken foot and sprained ankle

12- Fractured vertebrate playing minor hockey, hit from behind into boards

14- Snowboarding blew my right knee out again when getting off a chairlift because some asian ran into me and my right leg got bent about 120*

18- My doctor made a mistake during an endoscopy leaving me with a hole in my colon...was apparently less than 12 hours away from death when it got repaired leaving me with my longest hospital stay of just under a month

I feel like I have been fairly unlucky so far in life, and there is a few more minor broken wrists and fingers but that didn't compare to that stuff

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^ Damn man, you've got someone watching over you- thats some nasty shit. I can't imagine what its like to break bones (other than my teeth I guess lol).. I've always been deathly afraid of getting into a fight or scuffle and getting my teeth completely knocked out since I chipped them lol.

And the knee blowouts, ah damn thats crazy shit :(

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn guys! I'm surprised we all don't walk with limps!

I fell off of a wooden garbage container when I was around 5 or 6 and landed on concrete smashing my head off of it. I got knocked out and woke up screaming.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^ Nice thats so awesome lol, I always wanted to get knocked out for some reason :amuse:. Closest I came to that is when I was sitting on the turf after a soccer game and some dumbass friend decides to run full speed behind my back and try to jump over me.. FAIL he hit me right in the back of the head with his cleat, wasn't that horrible- just felt like getting hit by a baseball bat. Blurred vision, couldn't stand straight for 2 mins- and I was pretty close to beating the shit out of him lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
Driving: Concussion after wreaking
Sports: 2 concussions, one in football and one in baseball
Army: Concussion(s)? Numerous big booms

·
Registered
276 Posts
3 concussions- one falling down stairs- 2yrs old, one doing a back flip on A-frame swings (sitting on the cross-bar and flipping backwards) and apparently grew over night, and one bad night ending with me on the floor beating my head against the steel bedframe.
One torn ligament in my left knee from jumping off a moving car
Multiple broken toes and some misaligned foot bones from general stupididty and clumsiness.
One broken rib from an over-affectionate boyfriend
Numerous lacerations that should have been stitched but I wasn't in the mood to sit in the ER when I knew I could just tape it up and be fine.
Nothing real exciting. I'm just a klutz and kind of a moron.

·
Registered
76 Posts
dang i feel lucky compared to these. all i really ever had was a fractured elbow while racing go karts and in football i pulled some muscle that pinched a nerve that went from my back to my groin and i couldnt move my leg for about a week. glad everyones ok from their injuries

·
Registered
821 Posts
when i was little i was playing with a tiny curtain rod.... it was a sword to me and i was stabbing the front screen door. I was actually stabbing the screen, which would swing the door open a little and stab it again when it swung back to me...... except i had a weak grip and it slide in my hand and actually POKED me in the eye..... to little to give a battle damage assessment, but scratched my eyeball and wore a pirate eyepatch for a few weeks......

Appendix removed.... does that count?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Walkin on old 2x4s & fell, rusty nail went thru my leg, well into my thigh, obviously didnt make it out the other side...(i was about 10-12)
runnin thru the house one morning, slipped on fireplace doohicky, face planted into a chair & my tooth went thru my lip, so i had a hole in the corner of my mouth, now you can barely see the scar...
fell TONS of times when i was younger, im just clumsy i guess... had a barbed wire fence fall on me and cut my ear & my cheek, when i was around 2ish i was outside "helping" dad work on his truck & i fell & cut my nose, so i have a scar there too. lord i hate scars & i have lots of em.
oh & the biggest "spill" i guess is when i totaled my tC, air bag burn on my 4head & nose, black bruses on my lower stomach, middle stomach & chest (seat belt ftw). Now I have, i guess, scars in my lower stomach where the seatbelt cut into my skin, but not enough to break it, if that makes sence (the sweatshirt i had on, had a slice in it like some1 took a knife to it) same w/ my chest... shut up. its hard to explain around my chest..... and almost broke my ankle in that wreck too, but sprained so bad it would have been better broke... walked around w/ crutches & was off work for a month, took it forever to get better. it still hurts when it rains or when it gets really really cold. :( lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.