Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the threads about low idle/drop in RPMs all related to a dirty throttle body. I've cleaned mine - it wasn't particularly dirty at all - I've seen pics of ones really blackened. Didn't remove mine, just cleaned with a rag from the top and under the butterfly. But if I still have the same low idle, reduced RPMs, cold weather (or very hot weather) issues - what else could it be?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Dirty MAF

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you moved the butteryfly by hand it will need to be re-programed, might have needed that in the beginning. It takes someone with a comp. And the knowledge to re-learn if you will to reset the throttle-body. Hope this helps, marcel

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
If you moved the butteryfly by hand it will need to be re-programed, might have needed that in the beginning. It takes someone with a comp. And the knowledge to re-learn if you will to reset the throttle-body. Hope this helps, marcel

When I cleaned mine I moved it by hand and had no problems.. but I DID disconnect the battery. I'm not sure if that is the reason why
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Battery connected or not, doesn't make a difference. The important thing is not to have the key in the ignition, not even in the "OFF" position.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I was going to say the same thing cleaned it but did take the battery off and completely remove it to clean it on my workbench.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.