Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 09 xfe coupe, and the throttle response on my car, well it isnt there. i push the accelerator and it takes about half of a second before the car actually begins to accelerate, almost like theres a delay. its been like this since the day i got it. has anyone else noticed this in there car? what could be the cause of it/can it be fixed?

·
Registered
787 Posts
The only solution I've heard of is a tune. But a tune is worthless without a fully bolted car. You have a long way to go, there is no quick solution to that lag. An intake will help a little though

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

As I read your sig haha. Ignore what I just said.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's called 'Fuel Enrichment Delay' and it's part of factory tuning in your car. Basically it takes your car's PCM a bit to decide whether or not you really mean to go WOT. A Trifecta tune will eliminate this but as other's have said it's not smart to get a tune unless your fully bolted. Otherwise you won't see the full potential of the tune. My suggestion since you already have an intake is to work on your exhaust...header/downpipe/cat-back will help your throttle response. I've also heard buying a Corvette really helps ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.