Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Tial Blow off Valve Spring?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  blu3_v1p3r 
#1 ·
I am very interested in purchasing a Tial Bov but very unsure of what spring is best for my setup or if I should buy a lighter spring and add washers. My cheap amazon bov started leaking horribly and I figured I would upgrade. The car is a 2006 LS 2.2 with an aftermarket Turbo. My gauge reads a vacuum of -21/-22 inHG. This Chart off of Tial's website suggests a 12lbs spring and that is a lot of weight compared to some of the forums I have read. Most people are suggesting a 9lbs or 11lbs spring. Can anyone shed some light on the subject for me?

#4 ·
who are you using to tune for your set up?

#5 ·
Yeah who did the tune? Please share your build specs. I’ve got an ‘06 LT sedan and it’s pretty hopeless without some additional modules to fix air and fuel, timing and other things not adjustable otherwise. Or have you done wiring modification with sensors and later model computer?

#6 ·
the only company that used to tune 05 and 06 2.2s was Trifecta, but I belive they stopped tuning them a few years ago.

#7 ·
Everyone has said they were the only one. Not sure why they stopped. Seems like I’ve read someone saying another tuner had done it also. Who knows really. I’m sure someone can, but will they. Too bad these cars aren’t easy like older Hondas. If only the bcm wasn’t such a pain to get around.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.