Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i encountered my first ticket this morning
was at a girls house watching movies and such making out n shit with her n i went home at around 230 not knowing how late it was because my phone died around 12 ish i think. i was driving on a road i drive on everyday and i thought it was a 40. i was the only car on the road and i saw a car coming towards me the other side of the road and i didnt think it was a cop untill he was close enough where i could see the car probably about 20 feet and i get the K band on my radar and i thought the cop was further up the road since it was a 4 way intersection the car passed i looked in my rear view mirror the car turned around i was like **** its a cop. so first thing i did was grabbed my radar off my windshield and threw it under my passenger seat. he pulled me over got my info and was like got you doing 48 i was like shit really. he went to the car i took the radar mount off my windshield and put it in my glove box. and he wrote me up a ticket. so i got home thinking 48 in a 40 its not that bad. till i looked on the ticket it said 48 in a 30. i was like shit
so yeah im glad i tucked away the radar because he didn't get me for that or my 20% windows so i got off good for that i guess
but im still deciding what im going to plea. going to have to talk to my parents about it

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
making out with your friend? hope that was a girl...haha
rofl x2!

but seriously always go to court you cna get lucky and he cop wont show, and the ticket will be dismissed. But if he does, the judges almost always knock the ticket down to something. My sister got a ticket for lowing a stop sign, she went to court judge knocked it down t an "unsafe door opening" like a 150$ ticket but no points. always go to court and talk to the DA seewhat you could do. the worst that could happen is you pay what you would pay if you pleaded guilty.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha yeah lmao for got to add that since irushed wen writing it

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no because i thought the cop was further up the road and i really couldn't see much till he pretty much passed me and i usually pick up an X band pretty close from where he clocked me and i thought that was the band i was picking up

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
the Po-Po's here use the Ka band for radar, it's really kinda funny! you can spot the white cruisers from a mile away!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i got a po-po here just a half hour ago with my Cobra from 500 feet, so you must need a new pig sniffer

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah join the ticket club, got my first FOR tints on tuesday. No idea how I'm going to talk my way out of it. Maybe I'll just apoligize and kiss up to the judge lol

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
must be little confused here
the cop flicked his radar on when he was right in front of me thats how he got me
i have a Cobra XRS 9950 legit radar. and he wasn't driving with his radar on because that thing picks up radar from miles away. plus he was shooting K band. usually cops are KA but he shot a K band when he was right in front of me. because it was 250 am only car on the road and he wanted to see if i was speeding or not since it was early in the morning
-----Added 21 Feb 2009 at 10:09:42-----
plus the road i was on wasn't that lit because it wasn't a main strip so yeah
if it was the main strip i would of saw him

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
plus the road i was on wasn't that lit because it wasn't a main strip so yeah
if it was the main strip i would of saw him

·
Registered
37 Posts
ah welcome to the ticket club man! LOL That wont be the last one you get either. haaah I've had my share for sure. I've always pleaded gulity because if you don't the cop is going to win 95 percent of the time unless you have stone cold proof like you took a picture of your speedometer and it showed you weren't speeding even then I don't think that will work. Your lucky about your tint as well, I had a Camaro w/ dark window tint professional done, didn't have it on for 6months and a cop pulled me over just to check the tint, I had 11 percent tint at the time very very very illegal! lol So I got a ticket and I went and plead gulity and on top of having to pay the fine I had to rip the tint off w'/ a cop standing by me watching me do it!! It blew major nuts!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn bro that really sucks

now if i plead guilty wont i have to pay the fine and than ill have points on my license?
people say if you plead not guilty you can get it down to like parking on pavement and will just have to pay the fine and wont get any points
i was telling people at work and they were like ur stupid if you plead guilty
i mean i could really tell them that my floormat isn't fitted for my car because theres no cut hole for the clip for it to clip in and say that the pedal got stuck to the mat. which it has lots of times. because its just a rubber one i got at pepboys and i cut a hole in it for the clip
but i really don't think they would believe that

·
Registered
37 Posts
damn bro that really sucks

now if i plead guilty wont i have to pay the fine and than ill have points on my license?
people say if you plead not guilty you can get it down to like parking on pavement and will just have to pay the fine and wont get any points
i was telling people at work and they were like ur stupid if you plead guilty
i mean i could really tell them that my floormat isn't fitted for my car because theres no cut hole for the clip for it to clip in and say that the pedal got stuck to the mat. which it has lots of times. because its just a rubber one i got at pepboys and i cut a hole in it for the clip
but i really don't think they would believe that
Unless I was told wrong, you always want to plead guilty, which means you are owning up to what you got the ticket for. Every time I have plead guilty I've either had the ticket thrown away and only had to pay court cost or the ticket price was reduced. If you plead not guilty then you have to have proof with out a shadow of a doubt that the ticket you got was unjustifiably issued. But if you plead not guilty then your going to roll up against the cop and the judge always sides w/ the cop always even if you have proof, you won't win and it will end up costing you a lot more $$$. SO I'm not sure what your people at your work are talking about but just in my experience about 95% of people in court with you will plead guilty to whatever they got the ticket on. Good luck though....

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i know.
but if i plead guilty will i still get the points on my license
and i also herd that 1st offense they usually lower and all that
i don't really wanna plead not guilty because im not going to be good at making a story up to try to get passed it

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah i know.
but if i plead guilty will i still get the points on my license
and i also herd that 1st offense they usually lower and all that
i don't really wanna plead not guilty because im not going to be good at making a story up to try to get passed it
oh those few of points you get won't add up to anything, seriously, you don't have to worry about that. If it were me, to prove to the judge that you took the ticket seriously I would go get the tint fixed so its legal and then I would still plead guilty and at that time the judge will either say you need to remove it or fix it and then you can tell him that it's already been taken care of and he will probably send the bailiff out to check it out and make sure your not bs'ing him and if your not he will more then likely dis-miss your ticket all together and that means you won't end up w/ any points on your record. That's just me though, but I'm telling you tryin to fight it would not be a wise move at all. Unless you get tickets all the time the points adding up on your record you shouldn't have to worry about, I think it's 3 years or 5 years maybe even 7 years I don't remember but after a set amount of years whatever points you have will be wiped clean pending you don't get pulled over in that time frame.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha dude i don't know if you got confused or something
but my ticket has nothing to do with my tint. haha i was reading and said to my self what is he talking about.

·
Registered
298 Posts
There has been more than one ticket discussed in this thread. Read all of the posts and you will notice there is a discussion on tint too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
haha dude i don't know if you got confused or something
but my ticket has nothing to do with my tint. haha i was reading and said to my self what is he talking about.
HAAHAAA!! your dude, I am confused! sorry about... but everything I said still applies the same regardless w/ it was window tint or getting a regular speeding ticket. If it's your first time getting a ticket you may get lucky enough and get sent to driving school even though that is boring as hell the ticket will be dismissed and no points will be on your record pending you attend the class. My first speeding ticket was when I was 17, went to court plead guilty, got driving school, no ticket no points. LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.