Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as of right now im gonna wait till after couple months after christmas to dip my car just due to the weather breaking and getting alil chilly for paint. So right now im looking for a double din touch screen stereo for my car price range between 100-120 $ nothing to fancy but has to have a aux port/touch screen though.

I was looking at this one idk I though boss was a good brand? Not sure not much into the audio upgrading really just doing this for a present from my girl to me..

But if any one knows any good ones between that price show me..
And what else do I need to make this work? Harness im sure? Type? Link maybe?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I don't really know much about these, but I've read that if you don't spend st least like 200+ on these then they aren't very good

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would at least look at the main brands before any of the 'boss, dual, pyle' types of HUs. At least then you know you'll be getting something decent and probably reliable.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Boss and soundstream are definately low-end radios, but I have put them into cars and had the customer happy with them...just don't expect too much of them..

usually, what goes wrong with them is anything motorized, if it has a motorized screen or even the CD mechanism, don't expect it to last long

you might be better off searching for a used higher-end model, I have been sold over and over on the pioneer units, and have a pioneer in my wifes van that is over 8 years old, still works like brand new

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

I had this one in my car before I replaced it with the AVIC 920 that is currently in my car

the only reason I replaced it is because I got a good deal on the 920

Pioneer AVIC D3 Automotive in Dash GPS Receiver 4977729844894 | eBay

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Well, why not just get money then when youre going through stuff on the internet and have an impulse buy moment youll have the money to buy it!

2005 cobalt base model coupe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.