Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...... I have a 2009 Cobalt 2.2 vvt.
I recently just bought the stage 2 head with performance camshafts from JBP. Also got the LSJ throttle body with everything needed to install and CAI (already have full exhaust). Now, I have everything installed. However, im having problems with the alignment process on the camshafts and timing chain. According to the manual i received form the dealership, It says to have the intake camshaft key in the 5 o'clock position and the exhaust camshaft key in the 7 o'clock position. I have the engine at tdc, the crank spocket key is at 12 o'clock with the colored link in the 5'o clock position. The exhaust sprocket dowel pin lines up perfectly with the camshaft in the 10 o'clock position(only had to rotate the cam slightly away from its original 7 o'clock position but the colored link and arrow is in the 10 o'clock position like its suppose to be). However, with the intake sprocket and camshaft, it does not align perfectly. I can turn the camshaft so the dowel pin can hook into the intake sprocket, however the camshaft is nowhere near the original 5 o'clock position. I have the intake sprocket arrow with colored link in the 2 0'clock position but the camshaft key is not where its suppose to be according to the manual. So my question is, exactly how is the intake camshaft suppose to align with the sprocket? Based off the camshaft key, it cant be in the original 5 o'clock position, it has to be moved. please help!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.